Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can we clinch next week?

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As it is now we have (basically) a two game lead on the next wildcard team. With four games left foes a Car win, and loses by Arizona and SF mean we're in?

Posted · Report post

Win and everything else will take care of itself. 

7 people like this

Posted · Report post

Cardinals can still get to 10 wins and have the tie breaker over the Panthers.  So the answer is no, they can't clinch with a win.

Posted · Report post

No. Magic number is 2.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Cardinals can still get to 10 wins and have the tie breaker over the Panthers. So the answer is no, they can't clinch with a win.

What about if the 9ers lose as well.

Posted · Report post

need 2 wins to clinch.

sf could lose next week and hit 11 wins still, arz could lose and still hit 10.

Posted · Report post

Just win, baby.  Stop worrying about losing, which is what this thread is implying.  Just win, baby.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Dallas and Philly still play each other so one of those teams is guaranteed a 6th loss. And Zona and SF still play each other. As long as we can beat the Jets and Falcons we should get in as a wild card.

Sweeping the Saints would be icing on the cake. Will have to sweep them tho since they'll have a better conference record than us. I don't see them losing to St. Louis or Tampa but any given Sunday that poo can happen.

Posted · Report post

As it is now we have (basically) a two game lead on the next wildcard team. With four games left foes a Car win, and loses by Arizona and SF mean we're in?

Arizona would still not be eliminated against us head to head because they have the tiebreaker. Would be 3 back with 3 to play.

You also have to factor in the NFC North and NFC East who are all still alive.

I think it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch next week

Posted · Report post

Dallas and Philly still play each other so one of those teams is guaranteed a 6th loss. And Zona and SF still play each other. As long as we can beat the Jets and Falcons we should get in as a wild card.

Sweeping the Saints would be icing on the cake. Will have to sweep them tho since they'll have a better conference record than us. I don't see them losing to St. Louis or Tampa but any given Sunday that poo can happen.

Ahh, I didn't realize Arz and SF still have to play.

edit: and I forgot the NFC East... didn't realize Dallas and Philly were both at 7 wins.  blah

Posted · Report post

Arizona would still not be eliminated against us head to head because they have the tiebreaker. Would be 3 back with 3 to play.

You also have to factor in the NFC North and NFC East who are all still alive.

I think it is mathematically impossible for us to clinch next week

I think it's possible but it would rely on Arz, SF, Dal, Phi all losing... I think we'd own the tie breaker over chi because of conference stuff, even if they win out, but I may be wrong

Posted · Report post

If we win next week and then lose out we're 10-6. If the Cardinals win out from here, they're 11-5. If the 49ers win out except the Cardinals game, they're 11-5 and we miss the playoffs. Unless I'm missing something. It doesn't matter that the 49ers and Cardinals still have a game left.