Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

Fsu's Kelvin Benjamin on the back end of the 1st?

144 posts in this topic

If Moncrief and Robinson are gone when we pick in the first, I definitely wouldn't be mad if the pick was Benjamin. Kid is only getting better. And I want a WR so bad.

@nfldraftscoutFor all the talent in the WR class, I feel Sammy Watkins is an elite

player. AJ Green-level prospect. #Clemson

from today. Do I want that? Yes.

Elite is a word thats thrown around a lot these days. I just dont think he is good enough to produce on a consistent basis at the next level. I am a SC fan so obviously there is bias there, but that also means i got to watch him a lot when he went up against good SEC teams. He made some sensational plays no doubt, but then he would drop an easy throw or disappear like he did last year. Do not let the hype fool you, he is not AJ Green.

Sammy Watkins is the best WR in this draft, and he runs very consistent routes. i really dont understand why you say his route running is bad, when it is probably one of the best in college football.

with that being said, KB is slowly becoming my favorite WR prospect this year. i would not object to taking him in the 1st round because im starting to see he maybe a 1st rounder( having a similar rise as Cordarrelle Patterson did last year) size, speed, athleticism, hands, and attacks the ball like a power forward.he is 6'5 234 pounds, and runs a 4.5. he is a match up nightmare for any DB. here are some recent blurbs on him

Duke coach David Cutcliffe called Florida State redshirt sophomore WR Kelvin Benjamin "a monster."

"They're all good," Cutcliffe said of FSU's receivers. "They've got size and speed. They've got quickness. All of them catch the ball extremely well." Of all the matchup problems on the outside facing the Blue Devils against the Semionoles in Saturday's ACC championship, Cutcliffe is particularly concerned about Benjamin. "We don't have anybody that can line up and match up physically with Benjamin," he said. "He's just a monster, and with great skills." Benjamin has seven TD catches in his past four games. We expect him to declare for May's draft.

Florida State redshirt sophomore WR Kelvin Benjamin was ranked by NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah as the player who improved his stock the most this past weekend.

Benjamin caught nine passes for 212 yards and three touchdowns in Saturday's 37-7 demolition of Florida. "His combination of size and athleticism is rare, but I was most impressed with his ball skills on Saturday," Jeremiah wrote. "He made several impressive adjustments to corral the deep ball." Although Benjamin is criminally under-discussed, we think there is a good chance he bolts for the draft after this season. Benjamin, who turns 23 in February, dominates at the catch point, a vital skill at the next level.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/cfb/nfl-draft

1 person likes this

he fits Cam like Mike Evans does I would love him for Cam

had he declared yet?

This is how I see it:

Mike Evans (Best WR in the class, future superstar)

Sammy Watkins (Overrated but still has strong potential) 

Davante Adams (Sleeper to rise)

Marqise Lee (Just can't like those USC WR's)

Jordan Matthews 

Brandon Coleman

I like Benjamin, but he probably needs to stay another year at FSU to become a more complete WR.

In October last year Star was my crush, after we started our late surge I thought he was gone forever but by some miracle he fell to us. My crush since September this year has been Mike Evans, maybe lightening will strike twice and Evans will tumble down the board...probably not. Even though I've never been a fan of trading up, I'd give up our 2nd just to move up and grab Evans.

This is how I see it:

Mike Evans (Best WR in the class, future superstar)

Sammy Watkins (Overrated but still has strong potential) 

Davante Adams (Sleeper to rise)

Marqise Lee (Just can't like those USC WR's)

Jordan Matthews 

Brandon Coleman

I like Benjamin, but he probably needs to stay another year at FSU to become a more complete WR.

In October last year Star was my crush, after we started our late surge I thought he was gone forever but by some miracle he fell to us. My crush since September this year has been Mike Evans, maybe lightening will strike twice and Evans will tumble down the board...probably not. Even though I've never been a fan of trading up, I'd give up our 2nd just to move up and grab Evans.

Benjamin and Evans are very similar players. if Benjamin is not complete, then Evans is not as well. no draft prospect is complete when entering the draft tho.

1 person likes this

Benjamin and Evans are very similar players. if Benjamin is not complete, then Evans is not as well. no draft prospect is complete when entering the draft tho.

I'm just speaking from the standpoint that if Benjamin sees he's projected in the 3rd round as a red shirt sophomore, he'll probably stay another year and probably jump up a round or two since he has Jameis Watson. Evans is also a red shirt sophomore but he'll likely be without his starting QB as well as the fact he's moving up draft boards and will likely be taken in the high 1st. As much as I like what I see in Benjamin, he's not quite as explosive post catch as Evans and would benefit more from another year with Watson. 

That being said, I'd take Benjamin in a heart beat if he's on the board with our 2nd round pick. 

1st) Antonio Richardson OT

2nd) Kelvin Benjamin WR

Would be a fantastic first two round imo.

if that guy was available in the third you take him in a fuging heartbeat. guy is physically a monster

Hell, I'd take him and Seferian-Jenkins in the first two rounds. Score!

1 person likes this