• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, we need to find some balance between those 2 idiots. If Turner is that guy then I'm all for it.

At 12-4 I highly doubt anyone goes. Which tells me the FO doesn't seen the obvious problem. I think you could give Shula 2 good WR's this offseason and it wouldn't make a difference. My best guess, Shula stays, DG drafts OL (already admits he screwed up with the Kugz pick) and they let Shula try and run the ball next year.

This offseason will tell us fans everything we need to know about DG. If DG wants to start building a winner he doesn't just keep someone because they went 12-4. He also finally addressing the glaring needs on our O at WR.

Who is toting the rock for us?

#17 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Yeah but I believe you call plays accordingly. Looks how SF had Kap roll out and then run it in because they knew we are solid up front.

It's no secret the Niners are solid up front so what does Shula do? He tries to go through them. Doesn't make sense.

he called the same but Cam tripped over Wharton.

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,558 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

I believe Oline play has more to do with it than play calling.

San Fran, with their fantastic o line, scored 2 TD's on rollouts.

Our OLine was actually fairly good yesterday. The sacks came when they knew what was coming.

#19 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,396 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Who is toting the rock for us?

Stewart, sadly. Dude isn't going anywhere with that contract.

#20 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

The rest of the NFL having film of Shula's tendencies.

I'm not sure about that, I went through our red zone trips leading up to this game and noticed we seemed to keep shooting ourselves in the foot a lot for some reason (like Cam's INT vs. Saints.)

We also scored both times against the Falcons, once with a great rub route to Ginn and again with Cam beating an 8 man zone.

I think our struggles for the entire offense really came down to the running game falling off about halfway through the year when Cam started to consistently lead our running game. We didn't have any way to get the safeties out of the box without a consistent downfield passing game.

I really hope Gettleman takes this next draft to give Cam a lot of new weapons.

#21 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

Yeah but I believe you call plays accordingly. Looks how SF had Kap roll out and then run it in because they knew we are solid up front.

It's no secret the Niners are solid up front so what does Shula do? He tries to go through them. Doesn't make sense.

We called a roll out for Cam, he hesitated and came up short.

#22 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,396 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:48 AM

We called a roll out for Cam, he hesitated and came up short.

Gained positive yards though. Should have called it again instead of trying to go up the middle after that.

#23 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,172 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

Trying to cram the ball down SF's throat wasn't smart... played right into their strength.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#24 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Cam said in postgame he called the sneak himself

Actually what he said was he begged them to put it in his hands.

He didn't call the under-center sneak directly into the teeth of their defense. That play had/has Shula's name written on it in bright neon letters.

#25 Olsen88

Olsen88

H.O.F Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,383 posts
  • LocationDouble Snow Land

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:16 AM

Shula eats alot of clock with his play calling. However when we need him to kill a minute at te end of the game he can't. Shula has also been bailed out numerous times by Cam's running ability.

Did I want Chud back? No... I don't think so, but do I want Shula gone? Yes, and I have since the Arizona game.

Exactly.

When we are trailing, Shula's play calling wont save us. No urgency at all.

#26 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

the sad thing is our record reflects success so mid-season fire next season would be the absolute earliest that this will be addressed... we must take a look at the overall offense from the line to why the drives stops to why we stop what is clearly working to why we aren't using all the tools we have. that's the only way Shula gets questioned.

#27 Major wRecktum

Major wRecktum

NOT NEWB

• ALL-PRO
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

Zod...need to send a nice copy of that clipping to the Panther's front office. Or straight to DG himself.

Sent from my HTC One using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#28 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

The Panthers version of Shula is the same as the Alabama and Tampa Bay versions. Nothing have changed and nothing will change if we keep him. 

We have gone from a top 5 O with a crazy ass Chud to a bottom 5 O with the exact opposite. Maybe it is time trying something in the middle in Turner?

So does Gettle have what it takes to make a change on  a 12-4 team? Now is the time we need Riverboat Ron and not just conservative boring Ron... DO IT.. Try going for it all and not playing the safe card.

#29 Creepster

Creepster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationNot telling

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

The rest of the NFL having film of Shula's tendencies.

I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today - its only going to get worse next year - and not just in the red zone -

#30 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

My feeling,  my intuition is that this offense has peaked.  Adding new personnel might bring it a step or two higher but it's not competitive with the

big boys.

I dislike the statement of 'well, we played tougher defenses'...oh my goodness.  so what is the message, an abysmal offensive performance and trends of performances is ok?

Caroline needs a strong, creative, imaginative OC and they do not and will never have it in Shula.

An OC is needed to get Newton to the next step and isn't Shula and it isn't Dorsey.

IMHO Newton needs to grow.  He won't under Shula.

An example:  Newton blaming himself for the 'QB sneak' business is ridiculous.  The OC should have said, 'they are expecting it, they are stacked, we need to do x or y or z; but, not the QB Sneak unless we spread them out.   The OC is to be objective, Newton is not.  I just use that as an example.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com