Super Bowl XLVIII: Date subject to change

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

I hope it's cold and windy....with maybe just a little snow...that part I don't care about.

it would be a fuggen disgrace if they move it...they had to know this was a real possibility when they choose Jersey in the first place!

#42 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

They had a Super Bowl in Detroit in January a few years back and it snowed plenty. There weren't any issues. Cold weather cities know how to deal with snow.

On the flipside, the Super Bowl they held in sunny Jacksonville was a disaster.

Then why do they need a contingency plan?!

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Then why do they need a contingency plan?!

Why do you ever have a contingency plan?

"Just in case..."

#44 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

The Super Bowl shouldn't be played in the elements. There could be 16 feet of snow and 30 below zero and the NFC championship game should go on. Not the super bowl. The elements should be superb, and the best team should win.

I disagree!

The elements has always been part of the game.

I'm sick of the Superbowl being played in Domes.
I'd be for rhe Superbowl being only in outdoor stadiums. I'm smart enough to know it'll never happen.

But fug the perfecr game.

To be the best ya gotta beat the best in any environment.

#45 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Why do you ever have a contingency plan?

"Just in case..."

Just in case you aren't as prepared for the volatile weather this time of year in the Northeast, even though they are so confident in dealing with it. Got it, noted for future trips. I know everything has a contingency plan but to be this public about it doesn't make me anymore confidence in them. This has disaster written all over it, if not this one then it could be the next one they try. Keep it indoors or in the deep south where the weather is more predictable, so that the biggest news going into the game isn't about your contingency plan.

#46 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Just in case you aren't as prepared for the volatile weather this time of year in the Northeast, even though they are so confident in dealing with it. Got it, noted for future trips. I know everything has a contingency plan but to be this public about it doesn't make me anymore confidence in them. This has disaster written all over it, if not this one then it could be the next one they try. Keep it indoors or in the deep south where the weather is more predictable, so that the biggest news going into the game isn't about your contingency plan.

Things can't go wrong in warm climates or indoor settings?

There's a whole load of pregame panic over this stuff, and I'll bet nothing winds up happening.

#47 MtnProwler

MtnProwler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Things can't go wrong in warm climates or indoor settings?

There's a whole load of pregame panic over this stuff, and I'll bet nothing winds up happening.

Missing the point, it's about the predictability of the weather. The less predictable, Northeast winter weather, the more likely you need to become contingent. The more predictable, South to Southwest winter weather, the less likely you are to need the contingency. I'm a numbers guy, you don't put your most valuables in the most risky environments.

#48 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• LocationRock Hill S.C.
HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I hope the weather is bad and the Super Bowl this year is a major fug up. It would serve the lamebrains right that allowed the game to be played outdoors,in a place that has severe weather problems.

#49 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Missing the point, it's about the predictability of the weather. The less predictable, Northeast winter weather, the more likely you need to become contingent. The more predictable, South to Southwest winter weather, the less likely you are to need the contingency. I'm a numbers guy, you don't put your most valuables in the most risky environments.

When was the last time a Super Bowl didn't happen as planned?

#50 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

10 days out...

7e24eb303703603.jpg 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users