113 replies to this topic

#85 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Location910
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

I don't think being "soft" means you cant play Oline. There are quite a few OL men out there who are nice and big teddy bear type guys like gross and kalil. The key is to being a good offensive lineman is a combination of technical skills and having the right weight/size/power to be able utilize those technical skills correctly. 

Bottom line is you shouldn't discount Martin because he is overly emotional and you view him as weak person. Make the the business decision (no emotions involved). 

He is cheap

He fills a huge need

He has potential to improve the team (When your drafting players your gambling on their potential to be great. This is no different)

Let it go dude. He cant play. You're also confusing being nice with being soft. Gross and Kalil are nice, but will get up in you given the opportunity. 

#86 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

I wouldn't touch either one of them.

Neither are worth the trouble.

#87 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• LocationCharleston, SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

I wasn't very impressed by him myself, but if there's any team that won't let themselves be distracted by his history I'd like to believe it would be the Panthers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#88 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

I'm discounting him because 

I don't want his overly sensitive ass protecting Cam

Damn,, one of the most ridiculous statements posted this week.

#89 SCPantherFan

SCPantherFan

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

We don't need that crybaby in our locker room.  Martin is nothing but trouble.  Truth is starting to come out about him and what type of loser he really is.

#90 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

We should absolutely try to pick him up. Has "he can't be worse than Bell" been said enough?

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in SF with his old coach and closer to home.

#91 panfan32

panfan32

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:45 AM

I was thinking about this as well. He was a high second round pick and did well his first season. My thoughts are the issues in the locker room affected his play on the field. Think about it. he is right next to hte ring leader of the issues he was having while in a game. This would screw with anyone's head.

#92 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Right or wrong, I'm not sure he can ever be totally accepted as "one of the guys" again by any locker room - even a good locker room like ours with so many quality guys as leaders. 

I'm concerned about his mental toughness and that does spill over onto the field. I'm not sure how you can sit there and listen to someone tell you they're going to run a train on your sister and not have a visceral and violent reaction to that? There are times to fight, and that's one of them.

We all give Bell a lot of crap, but try telling him your gonna slap his mother and run a train on his sister (if he has one). 

Good offensive lineman have a mean streak and if you can sit there and listen to someone say all this crap to you then it tells me you don't have much of a mean streak. 

#93 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Absolutely freaking not.  Would be a huge distraction, and we need tough guys on the team to handle the rigors of a long season.  Martin proved that he obviously can't hack it.  Soft.

#94 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Damn,, one of the most ridiculous statements posted this week.

He quit on his team in the middle of the season while they were making a playoff run because a player on his team was picking at him??? What else can you say about the guy?? I promise you he now will hear and take worse from opponents on game day. Do you really want that protecting Cam??

#95 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

We should absolutely try to pick him up. Has "he can't be worse than Bell" been said enough?

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in SF with his old coach and closer to home.

He could be worse then Bell. Imo he's been worse then Bell the last 2 years.

#96 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

He quit on his team in the middle of the season while they were making a playoff run because a player on his team was picking at him??? What else can you say about the guy?? I promise you he now will hear and take worse from opponents on game day. Do you really want that protecting Cam??

Did not say I wanted him nor whether he would have any value to us.  Just pointing out that saying you don't want someone who is overly sensitive protecting Cam was a dumb statement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users