Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigBoss

I hear UNC is playing Duke Wednesday

302 posts in this topic

Maybe some people aren't big enough losers to try and win worthless arguments on a message board as you. #selfesteem

Right!!

Are you going to meet Riot and myself at AA pub?

Here ya go bigcrybaby

Top UNC/Duke Tweets of the Day

Ross Martin • 3 days ago •

11 comments | Add a comment

Let's take a look at some of the top twitter posts yesterday afternoon and evening after word got out that Duke could not make it safely to Chapel Hill and the UNC/Duke game would be postponed.

Former UNC PG and current UAB Assistant Coach:

@BFrasor: "It's 2014, weather forecasts are pretty accurate. Come Tuesday, stay at Carolina Inn. You're 1.4 miles from the dome."

Tar Heel Daily Reporter Langston name drops UNC's first student:

@LangstonITaylor: "HINTON JAMES WALKED HERE FROM WILMINGTON"

Stout comments on the perhaps nerdy demeanor of some Duke students:

@ShaneStout21: "I bet Duke would drive 8 miles though ice for a math debate"

UNC fan and alum Gray Player had an idea for an alternative idea for the Dean Dome last night:

@Gray_Player: "They should let all the students fill the dome anyway, and just show clips of Danny Green and Stack's dunks on Duke."

UNC safety Tre Boston chimed in:

@TreBos10:" Could you imagine a whole arena filled 21,000 like a student section that's crazy!! They ain't coming for no reason Lol #GoHeels"

Tar Heel Sports Network Play-by-Play Announcer Jones Angell referenced an early weather situation in Atlanta:

@JonesAngell: "Remember when UNC flew to ATL in an ice storm & the bus couldn't get them so the Heels took the MARTA & walked to the hotel? That was crazy."

GoHeels.com writer Adam Lucas:

@jadamlucas: "All you people who thought Coach K wasn't DEAD SERIOUS about not playing true road games are feeling a little silly right now."

@jadamlucas: "Strong effort by @PittWomensHoops, who somehow managed to make it to Chapel Hill today FROM PITTSBURGH"

@jadamlucas: "After reviewing the record books and checking the archives, I can confirm: this is the most Duke thing ever."

Triangle Radio Personality Joe Ovies:

@Joeovies: "What accumulated faster: Snow in the Triangle or the legend of Duke being scared to play in Chapel Hill?"

The UNC Ice Hockey Team:

@HeelsOnSteel: "Duke probably just needed some more time to get over losing to us 5-0 Saturday. It's our fault they postponed the game. Sorry everyone"

Triangle Area writer Jordan Rogers:

@RogersWork: "If only we had some forecasting system that let Duke know they needed to hit the road early

Like .. professional weather dudes or something"

Former News & Record Editor and Chief and current UNC professor:

@Johnrobinson: "Given that Duke students are from Jersey & New York, you'd think they know how to deal with snow."

Here ya go bigcrybaby

Top UNC/Duke Tweets of the Day

Ross Martin • 3 days ago •

11 comments | Add a comment

Let's take a look at some of the top twitter posts yesterday afternoon and evening after word got out that Duke could not make it safely to Chapel Hill and the UNC/Duke game would be postponed.

Former UNC PG and current UAB Assistant Coach:

@BFrasor: "It's 2014, weather forecasts are pretty accurate. Come Tuesday, stay at Carolina Inn. You're 1.4 miles from the dome."

Tar Heel Daily Reporter Langston name drops UNC's first student:

@LangstonITaylor: "HINTON JAMES WALKED HERE FROM WILMINGTON"

Stout comments on the perhaps nerdy demeanor of some Duke students:

@ShaneStout21: "I bet Duke would drive 8 miles though ice for a math debate"

UNC fan and alum Gray Player had an idea for an alternative idea for the Dean Dome last night:

@Gray_Player: "They should let all the students fill the dome anyway, and just show clips of Danny Green and Stack's dunks on Duke."

UNC safety Tre Boston chimed in:

@TreBos10:" Could you imagine a whole arena filled 21,000 like a student section that's crazy!! They ain't coming for no reason Lol #GoHeels"

Tar Heel Sports Network Play-by-Play Announcer Jones Angell referenced an early weather situation in Atlanta:

@JonesAngell: "Remember when UNC flew to ATL in an ice storm & the bus couldn't get them so the Heels took the MARTA & walked to the hotel? That was crazy."

GoHeels.com writer Adam Lucas:

@jadamlucas: "All you people who thought Coach K wasn't DEAD SERIOUS about not playing true road games are feeling a little silly right now."

@jadamlucas: "Strong effort by @PittWomensHoops, who somehow managed to make it to Chapel Hill today FROM PITTSBURGH"

@jadamlucas: "After reviewing the record books and checking the archives, I can confirm: this is the most Duke thing ever."

Triangle Radio Personality Joe Ovies:

@Joeovies: "What accumulated faster: Snow in the Triangle or the legend of Duke being scared to play in Chapel Hill?"

The UNC Ice Hockey Team:

@HeelsOnSteel: "Duke probably just needed some more time to get over losing to us 5-0 Saturday. It's our fault they postponed the game. Sorry everyone"

Triangle Area writer Jordan Rogers:

@RogersWork: "If only we had some forecasting system that let Duke know they needed to hit the road early

Like .. professional weather dudes or something"

Former News & Record Editor and Chief and current UNC professor:

@Johnrobinson: "Given that Duke students are from Jersey & New York, you'd think they know how to deal with snow."

Good try but none of those prove that coach K was the deciding factor for the game being postponed. #weak

Dude I cited multiple writers for a reputable newspaper, the News and Observer, I cited Andy Katz that is the lead college basketball reporter for ESPN and you have yet to cite 1 source. Hell just give us one. You say it was all over twitter, then go back and cite them. This has become the most ridiculous argument because you aren't bringing anything to the table. Prove me wrong!

Do you not get that you're citing people who are quoting the "official" statement released by Cunningham? I get that they're going to say what they said. They're supposed to. That doesn't prove one thing. The Tar Heels insider post about it in his blog but you dismiss that because it doesn't support your claim, but you use a bunch if statements made paraphrasing Cunningham. YOU have not given us anything either. If I knew how to go back to that period on my Twitter feed I would certainly do that since you're so stuck on this.

But this isn't what this discussion is about. Again...I listed 10 reasons why this was a bitch move by K and poorly handled and you're just fixed on this one point. It doesn't change the fact that if K acted proactively at all the game would have gone on. By him NOT being proactive, the bus didn't get there, the team didn't get there, therefore postponement talks had to be started. Since Duke was the ONLY entity that wasn't going to make it to the Dome, it is the sole reason why the talks started. I don't need a column by any media outlet to be smart enough to put those pieces together. UNC never stopped planning for the game until the "Duke bus couldn't make it". The ACC didn't arbitrarily call both UNC and Duke after 5pm and suggest the game be canceled. Just use your head a little bit and put it all together than rely on people who are getting words fed to them to take to the world to spin this in a positive light. I bet you quote Fox News anchors, too.

Do you not get that you're citing people who are quoting the "official" statement released by Cunningham? I get that they're going to say what they said. They're supposed to. That doesn't prove one thing. The Tar Heels insider post about it in his blog but you dismiss that because it doesn't support your claim, but you use a bunch if statements made paraphrasing Cunningham. YOU have not given us anything either. If I knew how to go back to that period on my Twitter feed I would certainly do that since you're so stuck on this.

But this isn't what this discussion is about. Again...I listed 10 reasons why this was a bitch move by K and poorly handled and you're just fixed on this one point. It doesn't change the fact that if K acted proactively at all the game would have gone on. By him NOT being proactive, the bus didn't get there, the team didn't get there, therefore postponement talks had to be started. Since Duke was the ONLY entity that wasn't going to make it to the Dome, it is the sole reason why the talks started. I don't need a column by any media outlet to be smart enough to put those pieces together. UNC never stopped planning for the game until the "Duke bus couldn't make it". The ACC didn't arbitrarily call both UNC and Duke after 5pm and suggest the game be canceled. Just use your head a little bit and put it all together than rely on people who are getting words fed to them to take to the world to spin this in a positive light. I bet you quote Fox News anchors, too.

@ESPNAndyKatz: Duke has been told that they may postpone the game at UNC due to safety concerns. Official announcement soon. Sent at 5:25.

So Katz reports this but you want to believe a unc blogger that thinks Duke did this so it would give them a chance to get Marshall Plumlee healthy. Come on bro.

"Duke's bus is not able to get to their campus to pick up the team in time to be able to make the trip to Chapel Hill so we can't play this evening," says UNC Director of Athletics Bubba Cunningham.

"Duke's players had to attend their afternoon classes, you might say.

You'd be wrong. At 9:31 a.m. Duke canceled all classes effective at 12:50 p.m. The Duke athletic department had all morning to figure out how to get its team on the eight-mile ride to Chapel Hill eight hours before tip-off to avoid the expected weather complications. Instead, they either stuck with a departure time that was set last summer or were the victims of a lousy bus company. If they knew the bus would be late, they could have used any of a few hundred beat-up yellow school buses, which would have perfectly suited them."

"Still, as the hour approached 5:00, the game remained on as scheduled. The game was shaping up to be something surreal, possibly played in front of thousands of students and die-hards who braved the elements to get to Skipper Bowles Drive. The atmosphere at other "throw open the doors to anyone who shows up" games, like Iowa in 1989 or Maryland in 2000 were unimaginable. Media members, like Bret Stretlow of the Fayetteville Observer, took to hiking in the snow to cover the game. Die-hard fans, like R.L. Bynum, who was going to share the game with his son, did the same. Hundreds of students who had braved the elements to get to the game were housed in the adjacent Koury Natatorium while the game preparations were made. Finally at 5:41 pm, the announcement was made that Duke could not successfully make the trip and the game was postponed."

bigqueefdaddy is getting fuging destroyed in this thread. #HeGone

1 person likes this

@ESPNAndyKatz: Duke has been told that they may postpone the game at UNC due to safety concerns. Official announcement soon. Sent at 5:25.

So Katz reports this but you want to believe a unc blogger that thinks Duke did this so it would give them a chance to get Marshall Plumlee healthy. Come on bro.

Can't wait to meet you in person. I hope you have more sense in real life. Keep it going though....It's fun watching you right now

I absolutely love that you're quoting Katz at 525 and think you're supporting your point. It makes me feel warm inside to know how ridiculous you are without you even having a clue. Stupid is as stupid does.

HahahahahaHahahahahahahahhhhahhahahahahahhAhhahahahahahhhh......

Haha......this is my favorite thread ever.

I absolutely love that you're quoting Katz at 525 and think you're supporting your point. It makes me feel warm inside to know how ridiculous you are without you even having a clue. Stupid is as stupid does.

The part of the Katz tweet that supports my point is "Duke has been TOLD" which refutes your point that coach K orchestrated this whole thing. A rational person would read that as someone else, like the ACC, was in charge of the final decision.