Mods...I think you know what to do.

#33 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:07 AM

I mean outside the Raiders joke, I can actually see two teams looking at him who have abundant cap space; the Colts and the Packers

But ya never know what may happen.  

#34 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,137 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

I would argue there will be universally less vitriol toward Hardy when he leaves than there was toward Peppers.

Hardy has made it clear that he wants to be paid because he has played himself into a situation to get paid. If the generally accepted rumor around here that he was made a long term offer to stay here before the season is true, then he gambled and it paid off. Good for him. Peppers was so passive and that's why people were so heartbroken. He was given contracts of $18-$20MM and still wanted out, but people believed until that final hour he might stay, myself included. He's so soft he makes Jonathan Martin look like a bully by comparison.

Hardy may be too loud for some, but I don't mind people being vocal and direct about what they want, rather than playing games. If, nay when, he gets paid and leaves, I'll harbor no ill will toward him unless he goes to a team I hate like the Saints or Atlanta or somewhere like that.

I also think it helps that Gettleman is still in his honeymoon phase with the fans so basically any move he makes right now when it comes to Hardy will be praised.

#35 ajax4132

ajax4132

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

In all honesty, if I played in NFL I would want to make as much money as possible.

No shame on his game, if you were a 6'4 265lb DE you would do the same thing

#36 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• ALL-PRO
  • 233 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

elevation church member obsessed with money?

shocked, i tell you!

Are they like a cult or something? I've seen some signs posted on some lawns (I'm assuming they're members). It's kind of odd how fast that organization has grown lately.

#37 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hardy deserves to get paid big bucks.

Cant complain about his action especially when he see guys like Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams making big time money by doing nothing. Even an aging Steve Smith is still making around 7 mil a year.

With that said, he can keep doing what he's doing. I just dont believe he'll get paid here.

#38 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,119 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

I don't have any problem with Greg's desire to get paid, he's earned it, but he's got to learn not to respond to haters on twitter... bad PR. 

#39 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Shula Bowl Shuffle

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

he's going to get a $75-85 million contract somewhere with probably $30ish million guaranteed

won't be here though

#40 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

say what you want but he is not nor will never be Peppers! I liked much of what he has shown "flashes" of but Pepp was a freak athlete that had a bigger effect on the field. Nevertheless we didn't hear of Pepp being foolish in the offseason nor crying about money like this. GH has much to prove to get what he's asking for and all are out of their minds if they think he should get it here. I don't mind "some" issues but I love humbled players. Its starting to sound like he's not one of them. Cam and Luke won't do this, watch and see!

#41 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • 4,757 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

Remember years ago when people thought I was the worst poster on the forum..... ah the good ol days..

Those days were fun. Back when PFFL posted his point-per-yard efficiency bullshit to try and convince us that The Golden Calf of Bristol was better than Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire.

#42 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,022 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

Peppers rejecting the Panthers contract and wanting out...rejecting the team, coaches and city of Charlotte after his subpar viral infection(aka off of roids) season and inconsistant motor is why fans here hate him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#43 Third Degree

Third Degree

Paging Mr. Biakabutuka

• HUDDLER
  • 4,757 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

Cam and Luke won't do this, watch and see!

Luke may not, but Cam ABSOLUTELY will through his agent, Bus Cook. They will bend this franchise over for every single penny possible, and the way I see it, I don't care. Just keep Cam in Charlotte long-term.

#44 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Kraken don't give a sh!t about what people think

#45 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,890 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Funny thing is he makes a crap load of money and still cant get a mortgage to save his life because his credit is horrific.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com