Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Steve Smith on Gettleman's "Evaluation" comment

Best Answer XClown1986, 26 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

maybe i need to bold[cole82ee]"im still going to wait for a non- person like source to confirm" [/color]

It was the Beason part that was ill informed. Beason requested the trade, Gettleman didnt get rid of him.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#205 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

It's funny a lot of posters are willing to sacrifice team success in order to keep a guy they like. Very Hurney like.

agreed, but to be fair i think a lot of it is based in a belief that we can't be good without him, which just isn't the case. he can and will be replaced when it's time. it won't be smitty v.2, but it will be someone who can produce big time for us. the crazy thing about how much he's getting paid, we can get 2-3 players who can each put up as much yardage and TDs as he did last year.

#206 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Schottey - "I think Steve Smith's time in Carolina is done"

#207 KillerKat

KillerKat

GTFO Shula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

ESPN 730 ‏@ESPN730[/size]  5m
Schottey - "I think Steve Smith's time in Carolina is done"

:(

#208 mcdougal

mcdougal

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

I am not here to say what approach is right or which one is wrong, but I just wanted to say, that those claiming that it is a business and Smith needs to understand this...

I bet not catch one of you criticizing players for taking as much money as possible or as many years as possible or for not providing "discounts" to any organization.

Not saying cutting Smith is right or wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy that exists.

#209 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

:(

Yea, I missed what they said on air.  Just caught that tweet and tuned in online to the show. Seeing if they say anything else about it. 

#210 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

I am not here to say what approach is right or which one is wrong, but I just wanted to say, that those claiming that it is a business and Smith needs to understand this...

I bet not catch one of you criticizing players for taking as much money as possible or as many years as possible or for not providing "discounts" to any organization.

Not saying cutting Smith is right or wrong, just pointing out the hypocrisy that exists.

I think players should ask for as much guaranteed money as possible. It's why I'm not mad at Stewart or Williams, they did what was best for them and that was getting paid.

#211 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• LocationCharleston SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Yeah because the Panthers have screwed Steve Smith.  Which is why he's been with us for 11 seasons and very handsomely rewarded for it.

#212 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Backstabbers the Panther org is. Steve explained he doesn't want his kids to leave.

#213 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

agreed, but to be fair i think a lot of it is based in a belief that we can't be good without him, which just isn't the case. he can and will be replaced when it's time. it won't be smitty v.2, but it will be someone who can produce big time for us. the crazy thing about how much he's getting paid, we can get 2-3 players who can each put up as much yardage and TDs as he did last year.

needs to be best answer, sad but true. peoples better be ready...

#214 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

would he, though?

Aging receivers have a tendency to be left out in the cold, even if they still have the ability to contribute.  Teams don't want to lose the roster spot that would otherwise be occupied by a younger, developing receiver.

Yes he would. Steves intensity and passion is enough to land him on a team, plus its not like he's some slouch, he can still play and contribute.

#215 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Backstabbers the Panther org is. Steve explained he doesn't want his kids to leave.

Please.

#216 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Please.

Something called respect and commitment. Don't give me that better for the team bs because chances are he won't use it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users