Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cosmos: a space time Odyssey

111 posts in this topic

Posted

Is this available on demand somewhere, I don't usually watch anything on TV that isn't sports.

Posted

Not sure. I do know that there was an encore at midnight and one Monday night at 10 PM on National Geographic.

Posted

I love all scientific documentary type shows, especially those that discuss the universe.  I do think when comparing them all, the presentation of the cosmos series is a little boring.  Having one man talk non-stop against a serene background makes me a little sleepy if I'm sitting in a comfortable chair. hehe.  Of course that's not a bad thing for me.  Actually, I was watching all the original Cosmos shows they were playing on the National Geographic channel, and Sagan sounded like a great philosopher.  Putting science in a more social context.  Tyson was decent, but he didn't come close to Sagan's presentation.

It's still early, but I don't know if this show will appeal to the masses, unless they already have an interest in science.

1 person likes this

Posted

Really if you've seen other nat geo or history shows about the universe, there's probably nothing here that will be new to you.

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember watching the original Cosmos series with Carl Sagan- was very cool even back then.

I'm a little surprised Fox is carrying it since it will be a direct conflict for the Fox News crowd who don't believe facts or science or anything...

The people who say with disdain and disgust: "It's appearing on Fox? Their viewers don't know any science!" And I simply reply, "If true, that makes Fox the best network of them all on which to air this series."

1 person likes this

Posted

Great show, my 7 year old had trouble sleeping due to the time change so we let him watch it. It helped him wrap his brain around some of the concepts and got him thinking.

Posted

The people who say with disdain and disgust: "It's appearing on Fox? Their viewers don't know any science!" And I simply reply, "If true, that makes Fox the best network of them all on which to air this series."

I simply juxtaposed the notion of a science-based production such as "Cosmos" on a network owned by a person who's personal political agenda is on clear display with his flagship "Fox News." There has never been a show of this type on Fox tat I'm aware of and I found it ironic that Fox and NatGeo were simulcasting the same project.

And that was met with the expected responses like, "You're a fugging idiot." or "Get out of my thread..."

Posted

wow this thread was more interesting than the show...hope it gets better.

Posted

I simply juxtaposed the notion of a science-based production such as "Cosmos" on a network owned by a person who's personal political agenda is on clear display with his flagship "Fox News." There has never been a show of this type on Fox tat I'm aware of and I found it ironic that Fox and NatGeo were simulcasting the same project.

And that was met with the expected responses like, "You're a fugging idiot." or "Get out of my thread..."

Because you are and you need to. Acting as if he had any say in this at all or if they were only running his agenda then why the fug would they make the show at all? But I ignore facts. Riiiight

You are being intentionally ignorant because of your own bias that has no real merit

Posted

Because you are and you need to. Acting as if he had any say in this at all or if they were only running his agenda then why the fug would they make the show at all? But I ignore facts. Riiiight

You are being intentionally ignorant because of your own bias that has no real merit

Just stop.

Your mom's calling. She wants you to finish your homework on reading comprehension before you go outside to play. 

Posted

Just stop.

Your mom's calling. She wants you to finish your homework on reading comprehension before you go outside to play.

Lol really? That's what you are going with?

Posted

Was age-appropriate given your "Get out of my thread...."

Just take your ball and go home....