• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

He's got some work to do which I expect from a 19 year old.. He'll be a beast if he continues to work hard.

sincerely,

Tar Heel fan

#17 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

Parker does not have elite speed but he does have nice athleticism. I'm not sure he is going to be great in the NBA. One of those guys that can score but will have matchup issues against quick wings.

The reason Duke struggled so much this year on D had plenty to do with the new rules emphasis on groping other players. That hurt Duke more than most realized.

#18 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,577 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Uh yes Parker needs to get in better shape and commit to defense but as an offensive player he is really polished for a freshman. He reminds me of Jamal Masburn with his skills but would be really good with one more year of college. if Parker gets that alpha-dog mentality and gets his already decent jumper more consistant then he is totally the NBA player everyone thinks he will be.

Wiggins imo is elite athletic but his jump shot is horrible. He is also horribley frail..

I wish the NBA will go ahead and implement the 2 year rule.. Parker is better offensively than Grant Hill was after his freshman year. Of course Grant Hill has always been an elite defender and ball handler.

But he is far from a bust bc this is clearly a major overreaction thread to the NCAA tourney.

#19 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

He needs another year in college.

#20 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

The comparison to Jamal Mashburn is dead on.

#21 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Parker is a great player. He is only a freshman so he still has some learning to do. Bust? Far from it. I watched a lot of Duke games this year and this kid can actually dominate a basketball game. I believe he will get in the gym and be back at Duke next season. Parker along with the new recruits coming in could be fun to watch next season.

#22 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Parker will not be a bust, this thread is laughable.  He has all the offensive tools, where he lacks is defensively and conditioning which go hand in hand.  He was out of shape when he got to Duke due to injuries he had his senior year of high school.  When you are tired your game suffers on the defensive end first so that was his problem on D.  There is a great article in SI, when he and coach K are on the cover, that explains a lot.  It's a good read if you can find it.  My only issue with Parker is I think at times he wants to jack up 3's and that is not necessarily his game, especially when he is our leading rebounder and he takes himself out of the paint so he has no chance at an offensive rebound. Bust?  No way! 

#23 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:20 AM

Parker will not be a bust, this thread is laughable.  He has all the offensive tools, where he lacks is defensively and conditioning which go hand in hand.  He was out of shape when he got to Duke due to injuries he had his senior year of high school.  When you are tired your game suffers on the defensive end first so that was his problem on D.  There is a great article in SI, when he and coach K are on the cover, that explains a lot.  It's a good read if you can find it.  My only issue with Parker is I think at times he wants to jack up 3's and that is not necessarily his game, especially when he is our leading rebounder and he takes himself out of the paint so he has no chance at an offensive rebound. Bust?  No way! 

Have you considered that the outside shot is part of his game, you were just playing him out of position all year?

#24 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

Have you considered that the outside shot is part of his game, you were just playing him out of position all year?

He did play out of position all year, no doubt, but he forced shooting 3's at times especially in the losses.  Can he hit them?  Yes but he took a lot of "bad" 3 pointers(early in the shot clock or with a defender in his face).  Hey he's a freshman and that is to be expected, but he lead the league in rebounds so with him playing the 4 we needed him down low not taking questionable 3 pointers.

#25 dunnlx

dunnlx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

Lol your kidding yourself scrub, he's got IT.

Wiggins will be wayyyy better as a Pro!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.