Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cuban have a point?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

funny because I feel like this is the exact reason the NBA isn't as successful too much exposure

3 people like this

Posted

steak every day is not the same as when you have one for special occasions.

1 person likes this

Posted

funny because I feel like this is the exact reason the NBA isn't as successful too much exposure

Exactly. Teams play up to 5 games a week in the NBA, as opposed to the weekly NFL schedule. Even if Goodell decides to have a game every night of the week, it won't effect us as long as your favorite team plays once weekly.

Posted

My Thursday nights are for Friends and Melrose Place. Gordell can never change that.

1 person likes this

Posted

The sooner Goodell's ass is kicked to the curb the better.

Posted

the nfl is his competitor

Posted

You would think the nfl is unbreakable but Cuban is other worldly smart. When I first heard of HD TV I thought it was stupid. Shows what I know. Cuban spearheaded the whole thing and look at it now.

Posted

to this day calvin and hobbes is wildly popular because people were insatiable and wanted more but they didn't get it.

I miss Bloom County.

1 person likes this

Posted

I miss Bloom County.

bloom county, calvin and hobbes and the far side.  the holy trinity.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cuban knows his stuff...............heed that warning

Posted

OFF Topic-but about sports exposure and money in MLB.

I still do not see how baseball can give out these huse 10-14 year gar. Contracts that are in the 25-30 million per year and survive.

Attendance is nice but not outside the major cities unless contending.

The Royals, Marlins or whatever they are..Padres..Astros have less than 50% attendance.

Is the YES network THAT profitable that it can share to other teams and the Marainers can shell out 27 million dollar contracts to a 28 year old 2nd baseman?!

NFL is still a very tight organization with its money..to players etc despite haveing the most lucrative TV pkgs. MLB is not having the same success in TV revenue and I just do not see it sustaining for 10 more years lets say.

1 person likes this

Posted

Cuban knows what he's talking about, and I agree with him to a certain extent.  Sooner or later you've got to stop chiseling away at a perfectly fine sculpture.