Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The double dip

81 posts in this topic

Posted

IMO, taking Koundjio in the 1st and Turner in the 2nd is "reaching" on not only two consecutive picks, but your two HIGHEST picks.

Do not want.

How is that reaching? 

Cyrus if healthy is considered a top 15 pick. That would be a steal at 28. 

Turner is widely regarded as a 2-3 round pick. 

Posted

Cyrus is not a top 15 pick. Those combine number were below average at best. I think he was out of shape because he was resting his knee. If that isn't the case then my opinion sours on him even more because he isn't serious about getting himself in tip top shape for the draft.

1 person likes this

Posted

I do not follow the prospects the way some of you do so do not know much about every specific player, but I would be in favor of an OL double dip if they were the right guys.  With the OL/WR/DB situations as they are I understand it will be impossible to fill all the needs in the first few rounds, so I would be fine with us going all-in to fix the one that I regard as the most important.

Posted

I don't care about Cyrus' knee. I just don't like him as a prospect. Typical overrated Alabama draft prospect.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see how Cyrus' knee can be considered 'fine'. It's an arthritic knee, even if he's OK for the first few years, doctors have said that it'll be a problem down the road. You can't just look at the immediate situation and hope he passes some physicals. No -- this is a long term, degenerating problem. Do not want.

Posted

^^ I think the FO and doctors know that. So if they are ok with Cyrus I am ok with Cyrus. 

With that said I think best case for us would be

OBJ 

Turner

Fleming

Long athletic physical CB

Posted

God no. If gettleman does this cam should leave.

Posted

God no. If gettleman does this cam should leave.

Better protection for Cam would drive him away?

Solid logic.

Posted

BPA

Posted

Better protection for Cam would drive him away?

Solid logic.

Better protection which arguably isn't as bad as the weapons he needs to be successful. We lost gross thats about it. Amini and kug return which leaves only a need at lt. Every wr left that is worth mentioning and even before then were subpar. This team has handled a franchise qb worse than any I've ever seen. Look at how teams build around franchise qbs when they draft them.

What Indianapolis did for luck. He didnt have to wait 6 years into his career to draft one weapon for him to pass to. I think cam can be a hall of fame qb but how this front office goes about helping him reach that goal is embarrassing.

Posted

Games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage, I'll never complain about strengthening the most vital group on the field.

Posted

We dont need another Otah if the player isnt 100% dont draft him