• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Irv

The long term solution at RB

from Getty's view, we are looking at filling out our roster with cheap talent and rookies.

He drafted Barner last year.  Ain't no way he drafts another rb this year.

no way.   even if bpa.  we're struggling to fill out a roster under the cap.  Even the 7 round 

pick is important, simply because of cap reasons.

Rivera doesn't seem to be too worried about our run game, he keeps talking about it like Cam didn't account for any yards...

Give Stewart a chance to get right. I am not throwing him up under the bus. I was starting to show stress cracks in regards to my man, Thomas Davis, before he rejuvenated his career, so I am not ruling Stew out. 

I am also not going to presume that Barner's career as a scat-back is over before it really even begins either.  

In regards to a long term solution at RB, guys like Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Ladanian Tomlinson and others don't come along everyday, but they do come.  Marshawn Lynch and Matt Forte are well on their way.  Sometimes backs are lucky enough to stay in one place for a decade or more, so I disagree with the notion that there aren't long term solutions, but if you can get 6 or 7 years out of your back, that is probably long term within the perspective of an RB's shelf life.  Call me old school, but I certainly wouldn't go into a situation looking for anything less, as i don't share the same notion that you can just throw any old guy out there every year and expect long term success.

Long term I would like to see them picking a mid round RB just about every year once the roster is in a more sustainable state.

Barner's not built to be an NFL RB. Give him a little space and he can produce, but from what I've seen, Warrick Dunn was a bruiser in comparison.

You do realize that Barner is bigger than Dunn?  He actually has good mass for his height.  5'9" 196lbs.

DeAngelo Williams performance is directly dependent upon the performance of the O-line. A lot of people will drop poor game performance at his feet, when in reality, he runs as well as the O-line in front of him plays.

Agree, he's not able to make something out of nothing anymore, but put him behind a good OL that can open some holes, and he'll be fine.

There is no long term solution at running back.

They get beat up too much, mid round picks with a vet here and there mixed in is where it's at.

I remember when Ditka traded his whole draft for Ricky Williams, TG Hurney never did that at least.

When 28 and 34 are off the books that should be it for long term RB contracts, get in, get production, get out.

Looking for JStew to finally overcome his injuries and put in a full season. If that happens, we won't be too worried about what our RB situation is.

I suspect we will draft a rb next year in the 3rd or 4th round unless Stew all of a sudden gets healthy.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Chase Anderson

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts