Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Irv

The long term solution at RB

There's no reason to ever be so heavily invested in rb's again. Once we rid ourselves of stewart and Williams we will never be in this position again.

If you have a good OL they can make anyone look good.

yes I was going to add to that, that, that is why you spend your money on your oline. But then my food came at the restaurant so my phone went bye bye.

Hopefully Barner can develop into something, but what if a guy like Andre Williams is on the board in the 5th round?  Don't be shocked.

There is a reason the nations top RB will be on the board in the 5th - its because he can't catch the ball to save his life. With the amount of screens this offense runs, he isn't a fit in Carolina

Deangelo williams is 30 and Jstew cant stay on the field. With everyone talking about our need at wideout we have a need thats going to need to be addressed within the next 2-3 years thats going to conflict with the re-signing of keek and star. is kenyon barner the future at the postion? maybe if he bulks up some but i don't see he being in the league after his rookie contract is up. Is drafting a RB early really that out of the question?

First KB is not I repeat is not the answer. His size alone scares me. Next, I think we can address some needs (ie receiver and tackle) this year, we address backs next. DWill can carry us for another year with KB spelling him for a series or two ( I didn't say Stewart, stays hurt to much IMO).

In todays market, we could get 8 RB's for what we are paying our 3.  No need to use a pick to get one for a couple years

It's been a few years since a RB was taken high (Stewart being one of them) and a bunch of teams have been happy to put in middle and late rounders

from Getty's view, we are looking at filling out our roster with cheap talent and rookies.

He drafted Barner last year.  Ain't no way he drafts another rb this year.

no way.   even if bpa.  we're struggling to fill out a roster under the cap.  Even the 7 round 

pick is important, simply because of cap reasons.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SLangkil