Posted by Epistaxis
on 05 November 2013 - 12:04 PM
When life throws a lot of crap at you all at once, I think the best thing you can do is prioritize.
It is unrealistic to expect that you can "deal with it all".
Instead, deal with the most important issue first.
In my mind, that means you temporarily put all your personal crap on hold. As an NCO, it is up to you to get your guys and yourself home in one piece, while still accomplishing your mission to the best of your ability. That is enough to occupy your mind. Totally immerse yourself in that task.
Once this deployment is over, prioritize again. What is number one AFTER that? Girlfriend situation? Fine. Deal with it. Accomplish the goal. Move the chains to the next priority.
1. The Promise by When in Rome
2. Our Lips Are Sealed by The Go-Go's
3. Don't You Want Me by The Human League
4. Words by Missing Persons
5. Bizarre Love Triangle by New Order
6. Promises Promises by Naked Eyes
7. Mayor of Simpleton by XTC
8. The Look of Love by ABC
9. West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys
10. Dancing with Myself by Billy Idol with Generation X
11. Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds
12. Come Undone by Duran Duran
13. I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow
14. What I Like About You by The Romantics
15. Lips Like Sugar by Echo & The Bunnymen
16. In a Big Country by Big Country
17. Love My Way by Psychedelic Furs
18. Love Plus One by Haircut 100
I found this CD at Nordstroms.
Yes, I bought it.
Yes, I'm old.