• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebigcat

Can you do without the Cam celebrations?

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Old farts gonna old fart.

cam overdid it at the end of the game because of what happening DURING the game. 

This man is literally putting his body on the line more than any qb in the league and we have these old farts telling him to tone it down.

fug off

Don't be generalizing about old farts. There are old farts with no problem with his celebrations. It's more likely the young millennials who get offended by every little thing.

1 minute ago, Ruff said:

He points. He literally points. That's it. 

You guys must've hated Smitty while he was here. "BUT HE SPINS THE BALL THEN PRETENDS IT'S A bABY THAT'S NOT COOL"!

I personally never cared for Smith's antics and much of the way he behaved is the reason he is retiring a raven. Cam seems to keep his emotions in check and isn't out to take out his teammates (he didn't like it when Norman kept picking him of). 

For the most part Cam does this to get underneath a teams skin and it works. For those who watched Seattle, that's the Cam I love, he was calm, collected and focused on getting his team the win without the non-stop sideshow. Everyone including the Seahawk fans were in awe watching him meticulously dice that team

9 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Who exactly bashed Cam? I don't think suggesting that the face of your franchise do a icky woods shuffle after each first down is bashing

Meh, I have to spend my days, in fricking Charlotte NC, defending my Panthers team and QB. Think about that, I have to defend the Panthers and our QB in the fuging town the team calls home.  Pardon me for being jaded about having to defend him on a Panthers message board about a fun celebration he does. God forbid he brings a little much needed swagger to this organization. But please carry on.

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

op has a small penis

I wish I could best answer this. 

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

op has a small penis

Hi, I have no synaptic junctions left to fire in my brain so I'm delegated to make 8 year old jokes 

7 minutes ago, Car123 said:

I'd rather him celebrate than get in a shoving contest with that player. Cam didn't fall for his bait.

Yeah I agree with that 

I mean I guess if I would buy some super special imported Land Rover and then brag about it on a message board then bitch and moan with your wine and cheese about some young qb celebrating I would have to be a pretty massive dickhead

so you right. I was wrong

As long as a player is not running up to another player to make a statement with their celebration, or trying to stop an opposing teams celebration, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with the act.

Offense is about first downs and touchdowns. Celebrating a first down is common and well deserved by the player. Touchdowns should be celebrated with vigor. This is a sport that is meant to entertain the fans and get the cheering. You play to the fans, and there is nothing wrong about doing that in any sport.

Does the defense,,,

Erupt in celebration when they stop the offense on 3rd down? (especially if it is 3rd and 1)

Run around the field like crazed fools when they intercept a ball or come up with a big fumble?

DBs puffing their chest when they break up a pass?

Defenders showing excessive emotion with their teammates after  stopping a play for a loss?

... or executing a planned out sack dance?

DuLx4ui.gif

This is the man who took offense to Cam celebrating with his fans, and you are defending him?

I same the same thing to the offense here. If you do not want him celebrating, then keep him from getting to the QB.

Do you want to stop all of this celebrating by every players in the NFL, or just Cam because apparently when Cam does it you believe he shows no respect for others and the game? Seriously, do you want the fans to stay seated, sip their cocktails, and eat their shrimp while not making any excessive emotional outbursts that show poor decorum from what should be well behaved upstanding citizens of the community?

If anyone takes offense to players celebrating with the fans, celebrating a win on a drive, or celebrating a career feat, then you need to stop playing/watching sports. I would recommend you find a good dog show or equestrian event to partake in for the afternoon.

So, ol' chap.

pip-pip-cheerio.jpg

4 minutes ago, panthers34 said:

Yeah I agree with that 

It's obvious he does all this first down stuff to get under a team's skin.... I'm just of the minority he doesn't need it in his repertoire

7 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

Hi, I have no synaptic junctions left to fire in my brain 

Wow, I finally understand the OP now.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I mean I guess if I would buy some super special imported Land Rover and then brag about it on a message board then bitch and moan with your wine and cheese about some young qb celebrating I would have to be a pretty massive dickhead

so you right. I was wrong

I'm not the face of a billion dollar organization but much appreciated you liked the defender 110

14 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Don't be generalizing about old farts. There are old farts with no problem with his celebrations. It's more likely the young millennials who get offended by every little thing.

Damn kids.

2 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

It's obvious he does all this first down stuff to get under a team's skin.... I'm just of the minority he doesn't need it in his repertoire

Every player celebrates a first down with a point though.