• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm just ecstatic that Norv seems to recognize the utility of Armah. I still think he's a gem and maybe will get a chance to shine under Norv. Mixing him into the passing game every now and then could result in some pleasant brutality.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Read option with Cam, Armah, and CMC.

Boing.

Boeing...as in someone is going to be flying 

Don't forget that Norv Turner was one of the guys who made fullbacks a thing, again, in his days with San Diego and some guy name Tolbert.

16 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I was hoping this was gone forever.

I'm not sure removing it entirely would be a good idea for our offense given who our QB is.  Cam will never be a "prototypical" NFL QB.

I would like to see the "option" become a true "option" again as opposed to "Cam takes it or we gain zero yards".  If CJ Anderson, CMC and Alex Armah can make the read option a threat no matter who has the ball in the end, then it's value will be high.  It was just too predictable last year. 

20 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Read option has been around since the 60’s. It’s not going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

It is called an RPO now. Didn't you know that the Eagles pioneered the RPO? According to the talking heads, using the RPO is an amazing new development that they started. 

I am shocked that Shula didn't see more potential in Armah. To me he looks perfect for that H-Back role we used to have Ritchie Brockell in.

15 hours ago, Daeavorn said:

I am shocked that Shula didn't see more potential

Shula only saw his legacy paycheck.

good luck Eli.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTBxXwlLwIbD4M5LSMNl1