Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MechaZain

NFL/PA deny targeting Eric Reid

If he lied then he’s done in the NFL and I feel like he would know that.

If Reid has access to the reports and releases them then this is gonna be a mess.

@JARROD stop tap dancing like a little chickenshit and just come out and call Reid an uppity ****** like we all know you want to.

If mods won't handle it then longtime huddlers need to step in and start calling this poo for what it actually is.

1 hour ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Seems nobody here can comprehend this. I bet not one of these people here have been in a situation getting hit with drug tests and being always being on the list each month unless they were part of military or a company. This has nothing to do with being targeted since that person being tested has nothing to fear by getting it done if they are clean or have a history of being clean for a test. If you have a history then you will most likely be the one getting hit because you used unauthorized substances several times in past.

As far as I know, Reid doesn't have a history of drugs so he should be tested as frequently as he has been.  It's not like he's built like LaRon Landry or something so there's no need for the frequent testing..

laron-landry1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=0

So Reid is saying the dates and amount of times he’s been tested that showed up on the report are wrong.

He’s insinuating that that the NFL is leaving dates and tests off the report and the NFL is stating that Reid is lying...

Giving him the benefit of doubt until I hear his side because that doesn't make sense. Lied knowing the NFL could say "we didn't test him this week" at anytime and blow the entire cover?

I have serious doubts Eric Reid would be dumb enough to lie about that.

It's interesting how suddenly the NFL is credible and trustworthy again. It took them this long to respond to Reid? They can prove he lied about this, but they couldn't get the footage of Kareem Hunt themselves? Sure.

If this is true we should low ball the fug out of him, no other team wants to sign this guy, he can be had for 1 year 2.5 million.

36 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If he lied then he’s done in the NFL and I feel like he would know that.

If Reid has access to the reports and releases them then this is gonna be a mess.

lol fug the NFL, you can lie to them all you want, I could care less. This whole situation just probably costed Eric MILLIONS of dollars.

Say we give the NFL the benefit of the doubt and the highly unlikely scenario of the computer selecting Reid 7 out of 11 weeks is what actually happened.  Does the NFL just have no leeway to have a human with a brain step in and scratch his name after multiple selections.  Its like they wanted this controversy.

2 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

The NFLPA, whose job is to protect the players, determined there was nothing here. Case closed. Time to move on.

This is similar to when a police department investigates one of it's officers killing an unarmed POC.  It's their job to protect the people, but they usually just protect their own.

3 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

It's their job to protect the people

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur"

lol @ anyone with a functioning brain touting the NFLPA. We saw what kind of actual clout the players association had during the last lockout. Empty suits.

3 minutes ago, ChibCU said:

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur"

Maybe 'their job' was the wrong term.  But it is certainly a claim made by many police departments across the US.

1 hour ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Poo does happen, but the fact is that there was a 0.02% that this would happen in a randomized system, which in itself means that it's highly unlikely. It seems to me that it's an extremely reasonable argument to say "Hey, this seems unlikely to be coincidence." Would it still be crybaby culture if an investigation found that no player in the recorded history of NFL testing had a rate so high?

It would be completely ignorant to state that it was no coincidence without investigation.

ive stayed quiet until now, and if the NFLPA hadn’t endorsed this I would probably go with everyone else with it being harassment for Eric’s views.

and it’s still possible that the NFLPA says what they say for another motive besides it just being random chance.

if it’s uncovered without question that there is indeed messing with the “random” testing to “target” someone, I would be the first to condemn it.

just on the other hand, having seen first hand how improbable events happen to people I have to go with the NFLPA for now and just say it’s completely dumb luck.

26 minutes ago, luke nukem said:

If this is true we should low ball the fug out of him, no other team wants to sign this guy, he can be had for 1 year 2.5 million.

This seems much more real than the drug testing. 

The guy was out of work for months until a guy like Tepper who doesn’t give a crap came along.

So I believe even if there wasn’t direct collusion, even implied collusion is there, black balling basically.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HardcoreHokie

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • is the negativity and pessimists to slow it down and ALL panthers fans to rally behind the team. Here's why; We had a near perfect off-season with limited money and almost accomplished all our goals even with cap limitations, unlike some teams. We improved in almost every area (yes on paper) except maybe FS, but we have to wait and see and we can't expect everything. Hurney and Rivera deserve a lot of credit for what they did this year. If things falls right, with the lower expectations this team could and should sneak up on a lot of teams. Yes we have to stay healthy, new players have to learn a new system and guys on the lines have to gel. But if they do start to take shape then we have a team that will not only have a real good year but could go deep into the playoffs.  The things Tepper and the new way the team is operating is going to bring more energy and excitement to games which needs the loyal fans to not sell their tickets to visiting fans, show up and be loud at the games. That's all that could be missing in a magical season. I also think this team is being built to stay competitive for years and that's another reason to be positive. I may be a homer but I see more positives. There's always gonna be a question or a concern, but every team has them. Let's give it a chance and that starts where fans can make the biggest difference, at games, being loud and give us home field advantage at BofA stadium. Let's try and do what the Roaring Riot does, promote energy and excitement from the fans in support of the team. 
    • Looks more like he's going to a costume party to me.  But what the hell do I know about fashion?  I think cargo shorts can be worn for any occasion.