Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

8 hours ago, je1005 said:

Welp....

1. Sound football structure—solidifying a top-tier front office. New GM, new pro personnel head. 

2. Consistency—empowering smart football minds to make smart football decisions. That’s how the best franchises consistently flirt with deep playoff runs. Use your endless fortune and resources to position this franchise for a string of winning seasons. Aim higher than “back to back”. 

3. Branding—don’t abandon some of the core traditions that this franchise was built upon. Sam Mills is the emotional cornerstone of the Carolina Panthers. I’d like to see this continue. I have a sneaking feeling that in two years, “Keep Pounding” will be replaced with “one of three new team mantras AS VOTED ON BY TWITTER FANS.” They already flirted with this crap last summer. I’d also like to see the team not morph into a social justice consortium. And if you want to change uniforms, consult with MARKETING EXPERTS, not FANS. Fans are usually have pretty awful ideas.

4. Be professional, don’t meddle—do your job. Hire good people. Let them do their job. Don’t become Stephen Ross. 

5. Stadium—get it done. Wanna add to BOA? Fine. Finance it, and make it happen. Wanna move to the state line? Ok. Make it happen. Don’t drag your feet. Live up to your reputation and get results.

Excellent post!  Well said fella!!

Would you agree that given the framework you outlined above it's way too early to pass judgement on Tepper and the Panthers success, or lack thereof?

10 hours ago, pnthrs said:

Tepper made 50-75% of his wealth during the financial crisis. He has done well since then but that huge success coupled with a growing stock market makes it relatively easy for most good wealth managers to do well.  Not knocking him for that.  He is one of the best financial minds ever.

When did I piss on the panthers?  I was just talking about how teppers financial acumen may or may not translate well to football. Lol reading comprehension for the fail. 

You know nothing of which you speak as it relates to Tepper.  At some point (possibly) it will dawn on you that this is the case. 

13 hours ago, raz said:

gtfo creepy owner fetishist.   you go get a new team.  you weren't even a fan 10 minutes ago.  go swallow some more donut head ya creepy ass fug

Wow, completely left the reservation...

...see ya pal.

LOL.

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

People act like firing Hurney and Rivera would have been a rash decision, as if there isn't years of data already there to support the decision to move on. 

Tepper may be new to owning the team, but Rivera and Hurney are far from new. It wouldn't have been a rash decision. It would have been a decision based on 8 years with Rivera not being able to manage back to back winning seasons and presiding over one of the biggest collapses in a season the league has ever seen.

And Hurney....meh. twice he had had this job. Should be more than enough.

They think all they need anything s guidance. Teaching an old dog new trucks. Well I guess it worked for the consummate professional the delhomme was, why not? Ugh.

I guess we like chasing our tail. One day we might catch it, right?

Serious question...

...in his career how would you evaluate the coaching Cam has had?  Good?  Bad?  Otherwise?

In your opinion has Panthers coaching gotten the max out of Cam?  If not, why not?

8 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Serious question...

...in his career how would you evaluate the coaching Cam has had?  Good?  Bad?  Otherwise?

In your opinion has Panthers coaching gotten the max out of Cam?  If not, why not?

write your own term paper donut man

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, raz said:

well jr's head looks like a big toe, and tepper's head looks like a thumb, so i can see they're not the same person, but ownership wise they are the same so far.

Some just can't see the logic in this. Tepper hasn't been here a year yet but saying this nonsense is ridiculous and you or anyone else has any clue on what he is capable of doing or what he has planned. Give Tepper some time and if he does not deliver then the complaining about him will be relevant.

6 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Some just can't see the logic in this. Tepper hasn't been here a year yet but saying this nonsense is ridiculous and you or anyone else has any clue on what he is capable of doing or what he has planned. Give Tepper some time and if he does not deliver then the complaining about him will be relevant.

yo man, i'm early to the party.  what can i say. and if folks can run around in here saying he's a football genius because he made money, then i can make up crazy stuff about him too. like he's a kiddy diddler, which has weirdly got some corroboration.  

58 minutes ago, GeorgeHanson said:

Excellent post!  Well said fella!!

Would you agree that given the framework you outlined above it's way too early to pass judgement on Tepper and the Panthers success, or lack thereof?

Sure. 

It’s also too soon to hero worship a newly-minted, largely mysterious billionaire owner. 

Edited by je1005
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, je1005 said:

Sure. 

It’s also too soon to hero worship a newly-minted, largely mysterious billionaire owner. 

George is a classic internet troll on a throwaway acct. probably because his prior was banned.  Ignore the fool. 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:24 PM, Lumps said:

-More fan involvement

-Logo on the field

-Signing Reid

-Forcing Rivera to take over defense

-Parting with TD on good terms

Things he has done in months ownership, all of which are more bold moves that Richardson would have ever done.

He has not fired Rivera for a lot of reasons; this includes the uncertainty of Cam. Had Cam’s shoulder not gone to crap, this would have been a winning season and all here would be praising Cam’s best year, but would Rivera still need to go? That’s not on Rivera.  I believe Rivera has his issues he’s not going to change, his time is coming to an end and he is not the answer for the future, however this year is not the year to get rid of him.

Hurney wasn’t fired because it doesn’t make sense to force another GM to come in with a coach who will most likely be gone at the end of his contract or sooner.

Cam and Rivera tied to the hip? No. Hurney and Rivera? Absolutely.

Knee-jerk posters (have you see the forum on game day?) are mad that Tepper is not making knee-jerk reactions and instead is strategically approaching this team and in a matter of a few months (being generous) sample size as an owner, want to declare him Jerry Richardson 2.0. That is asinine. If you want to do that, he has until the year 2044 to win a super bowl to be an upgrade.   We don’t need a revolving door at head coach and with good change, timing is everything.

Sustainable, positive change from the top of the organization will initially take more time than a few months, I’d estimate 1-2 years IMO.  For any rational fan, the jury is out regarding Tepper.  Be skeptical and disagree with keeping Rivera or other decisions, but stop comparing him to JR after a few months of ownership just because he’s not reacting the same way the huddle’s fickle Madden experts are expecting him to.

Business model = JR

On 1/11/2019 at 7:59 PM, Pimpdaddy said:

aholes keep judging his body of works with only 7 months on the job..

It’s not like Marty Hurney is an unknown. Truth of the matter is, we don’t know poo about David Tepoer and he might be infinitely worse than JR.

5 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

It’s not like Marty Hurney is an unknown. Truth of the matter is, we don’t know poo about David Tepoer and he might be infinitely worse than JR.

maybe...boneheaded gimee decisions on CJ and Pagano...but thats more on Ronald.... i'll give Tep a full year... before i begin to formulate an opinion..

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

As defined simply by wins & losses, I will guarantee you Tepper will be a better owner than Richardson.

EDIT: And for the record, Tepper's win-loss tally starts on 9/8/2019 with the season opener for 2019.  The 2018 dumpster fire accrues to The Big Cat's ledger. 

Edited by GeorgeHanson
  • Poo 1