Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Recommended Posts

Just throwing some poo on the wall as far as ideas

We're in NBA purgatory.  We're not Bad enough for a top 10 pick yet Not good.

 

Last years draft I remember everyone wanting the Kentucky PG, as Monk is a bad fit.  Just cant have 2 smaller guys on the floor at once with Kemba and Monk

 

In comes my thought of Coby White.

 

People will be quick to dismiss because he's from UNC. 

He is a natural scorer, yet solid enough to play the point under Roy. 

He is the Exact size as Jeremey Lamb (who I dont see us being able to afford if we we resign Kemba)

White has that size, handles, and passing ability like we had with the Kentucky kid last year.  Yet is a natural scorer.  Pairing him with Kemba wouod atleast bring some excitement 

 

 

 

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


He is definitely one of the guys I’m looking at with our 16th or 17th pick, the other being KZ Okpala.

Selfishly I hope Coby comes back because UNC looks horrid on paper next year.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be all for it...dude can score.  If it were any other year, he'd be the ACC Freshman of the Year...but, Zion and Barrett. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He is definitely one of the guys I’m looking at with our 16th or 17th pick, the other being KZ Okpala.

Selfishly I hope Coby comes back because UNC looks horrid on paper next year.

If all the freshman come back, we would be a contender again...without nas, and especially white, we are gonna be awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If all the freshman come back, we would be a contender again...without nas, and especially white, we are gonna be awful

Roy needs to pull a rabbit out of his butt (i.e. Cole Anthony, Anthony Edwards, Matthew Hurt, Precious Achiuwa, Keion Brooks, or Terrence Shannon) or we could end up being Wake Forest/ Georgia Tech bad. If Nas and Coby go we are looking at:

G: Seventh Woods, Jeremiah Francis, K.J. Smith

G: Brandon Robinson, Andrew Platek, Caleb Ellis

F: Leaky Black, Shea Rush, Ryan McAdoo

F: Garrison Brooks, Sterling Manley

F: Armando Bacot, Brandon Huffman, Walker Miller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would absolutely love if we were able to draft Coby. This guy is a baller and would be a great fit next to Monk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Roy needs to pull a rabbit out of his butt (i.e. Cole Anthony, Anthony Edwards, Matthew Hurt, Precious Achiuwa, Keion Brooks, or Terrence Shannon) or we could end up being Wake Forest/ Georgia Tech bad. If Nas and Coby go we are looking at:

G: Seventh Woods, Jeremiah Francis, K.J. Smith

G: Brandon Robinson, Andrew Platek, Caleb Ellis

F: Leaky Black, Shea Rush, Ryan McAdoo

F: Garrison Brooks, Sterling Manley

F: Armando Bacot, Brandon Huffman, Walker Miller

This is not a team that could compete with anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this as Coby hits a big three against Miami...only makes sense if Kemba leaves to me, sadly.  And if that happens, lololol to the bum ass Hornets if Kemba walks and they get no compensation after they should have traded him for 2 years now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2019 at 9:01 PM, bull123 said:

He better not go pro...these college guys should have to stay at least two yrs

I wish the rule was: you can go pro out of HS, but if you go to college, you have to stay 2 years. I get one and domes bc the dudes just want to make money, but I wish they’d stay longer so colleges can build better teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shocker said:

He is a great scorer with size and a ton of upside.  Absolutely he should be considered.

Agreed. Kemba will certainly be gone so it’s time to look forward...this team man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Agreed. Kemba will certainly be gone so it’s time to look forward...this team man. 

Coby White was simply amazing today.  Man that dude will be a great scorer in the NBA and he's a good distributor now.  Stock up.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if Kemba resigns here

We need this Dude

 

 

 

We sign Kemba and we wont be able to resign Jeremy Lamb.  

White is the same size as Lamb so he would fit in Nice as the 2guard beside Kemba

 

Also last years draft, there was so much concern of having a PG with Size.  As Monk isnt that big as a prototypical SG and wont be able to defend NBA SGs.  So having him on the floor with Kemba isnt ideal.  

Coby, when Kemba goes out can slide of and run the PG nicely with Monk on the floor.  And has the size and length to guard the 2 while Monk guards the 1

 

 

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...