Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beasonfanclub

Daryl Williams

Recommended Posts



I believe talks have stalled. So unless he gets low balled in F/A (he won't) then we will be signing a budget F/A and grabbing an OT in the draft. Then another OT once final cuts are over in pre season because one our OTs will still suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, beasonfanclub said:

Are we even gonna try to re-sign Williams? What's Plan B?

We tried.

Plan B has been discussed on this site many times.  (Hint: unless the draft falls the right way you'll cringe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plan B is likely already in effect. That's giving Matt Kalil another $7M to provide subpar play until he ultimately winds up on IR at which point we insert some warm body off of the couch at LT and continue to play Moton at RT. C'mon man, it's the Panthers. These are the things that we do. Keep Pounding (our QB into early retirement)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plan - B is Moton, FA, and draft. Like it or not the Tackle market period for starters in Free Agency is 10M+. Even if we could free up space my cutting Smith, Kalil, it just creates new holes, and eats up a good bit of the space we have. 

For all of the cap hell Getts helped to alleviate, he blew it on the Kalil signing. I think we see a tackle taken in the first three rounds, and a JAG veteran signing or return (Clark). 

If we are able to land Williams, I'd be glad to see Moton move to LT, and Williams at RT, but cap wise I suspect Kalil is cheaper than Williams' incoming pay day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the LT spot gets addressed there will be no need for Williams. I think the Panthers know this and I’d honestly rather overpay for a LT than for Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Plan - B is Moton, FA, and draft. Like it or not the Tackle market period for starters in Free Agency is 10M+. Even if we could free up space my cutting Smith, Kalil, it just creates new holes, and eats up a good bit of the space we have. 

For all of the cap hell Getts helped to alleviate, he blew it on the Kalil signing. I think we see a tackle taken in the first three rounds, and a JAG veteran signing or return (Clark). 

If we are able to land Williams, I'd be glad to see Moton move to LT, and Williams at RT, but cap wise I suspect Kalil is cheaper than Williams' incoming pay day. 

Exactly what holes are opened up by releasing guys like Torrey Smith and Matt Kalil? You don't have to spend $5M and $10M+ to get bad WR and OT play, respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Exactly what holes are opened up by releasing guys like Torrey Smith and Matt Kalil? You don't have to spend $5M and $10M+ to get bad WR and OT play, respectively.

Lol. I know and yet we are scoffed at as if he has to keep them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Plan B?

Meet your starting RT.  Amini Silatolu 

540141B6-8094-4E20-952C-12C724FA86B3.thumb.png.f38862ee49fc0174eb5e90cc6b35f919.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think cutting smith, speedbump, and shaq could have us at over 30mil lol. Nah we just need bad play on the field, no free agents, and veteran locker room leaders lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beasonfanclub said:

Are we even gonna try to re-sign Williams? What's Plan B?

Run for yo life Cam/CMC!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unionpanther said:

Just think cutting smith, speedbump, and shaq could have us at over 30mil lol. Nah we just need bad play on the field, no free agents, and veteran locker room leaders lmfao

Shaq isn't a bad player.  He was asked to guard slot WR's often the past few years, which was stupid (although he was still better than Munnerlyn).  Shaq taking over for TD's role, will finally put him in a more natural position.  He'll thrive in it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,908
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    DrWu
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      145,389
    • Total Posts
      4,753,654
  • Posts

    • I want the old Luke back he looked bad last year and last game he couldn’t get off any blocks and over running the plays again 
    • It is on Manhertz, it's also on Cam. Cam couldn't handle the jailbreak blitzes they were throwing at the team. They simply sent more rushers than there were blockers. When that happens there is always one or more uncovered receivers, the QB has to find them, fast, and fire. If you win it, you probably score big. If you lose, it's a sack. Most QBs coming  off of  their break aren't up to game speed yet and Cam didn't pass the test. The point is, those kind of  blitzes are rarely done in the preseason, kind of a gentleman's agreement between coaches to keep from getting  QBs injured. Guess what Belichick does? He goes after your weaknesses no matter when it is. He doesn't play by unwritten rules (or written ones when it suits him). And now we have an injured QB. If you really look at the original play in question, the jailbreak blitz is obvious with seven men rushing the line and an eighth joining in quickly after the snap. Before the snap, Cam sees the situation, calls an audible and begins to drop back. His drop back is deep and he realizes the pressure has broken with Manhertz getting beat to the outside. Others were getting  beat and gaps were being shot. He starts to scan but doesn't get enough time to find his hot read. Sack. I'm chalking it up partially to Manhertz who I don't think is really that great of a blocking TE, and to Cam who in later season form would have dropped back two steps and shot the tight gap to Manhertz's left and made a few yards. He may have also been able to catch his hot read with a fast pass.  It's preseason, though, and the team isn't playing up to game speed yet. The Patsies came in gunning for him. They sacked him there and eventually hurt Cam in the preseason yet again. I'm sure Belichick puts that as a positive in his ledger for how the season plays out.
×
×
  • Create New...