Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beasonfanclub

Daryl Williams

I believe talks have stalled. So unless he gets low balled in F/A (he won't) then we will be signing a budget F/A and grabbing an OT in the draft. Then another OT once final cuts are over in pre season because one our OTs will still suck.

7 minutes ago, beasonfanclub said:

Are we even gonna try to re-sign Williams? What's Plan B?

We tried.

Plan B has been discussed on this site many times.  (Hint: unless the draft falls the right way you'll cringe)

Plan B is likely already in effect. That's giving Matt Kalil another $7M to provide subpar play until he ultimately winds up on IR at which point we insert some warm body off of the couch at LT and continue to play Moton at RT. C'mon man, it's the Panthers. These are the things that we do. Keep Pounding (our QB into early retirement)!

Plan - B is Moton, FA, and draft. Like it or not the Tackle market period for starters in Free Agency is 10M+. Even if we could free up space my cutting Smith, Kalil, it just creates new holes, and eats up a good bit of the space we have. 

For all of the cap hell Getts helped to alleviate, he blew it on the Kalil signing. I think we see a tackle taken in the first three rounds, and a JAG veteran signing or return (Clark). 

If we are able to land Williams, I'd be glad to see Moton move to LT, and Williams at RT, but cap wise I suspect Kalil is cheaper than Williams' incoming pay day. 

If the LT spot gets addressed there will be no need for Williams. I think the Panthers know this and I’d honestly rather overpay for a LT than for Williams.

10 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Plan - B is Moton, FA, and draft. Like it or not the Tackle market period for starters in Free Agency is 10M+. Even if we could free up space my cutting Smith, Kalil, it just creates new holes, and eats up a good bit of the space we have. 

For all of the cap hell Getts helped to alleviate, he blew it on the Kalil signing. I think we see a tackle taken in the first three rounds, and a JAG veteran signing or return (Clark). 

If we are able to land Williams, I'd be glad to see Moton move to LT, and Williams at RT, but cap wise I suspect Kalil is cheaper than Williams' incoming pay day. 

Exactly what holes are opened up by releasing guys like Torrey Smith and Matt Kalil? You don't have to spend $5M and $10M+ to get bad WR and OT play, respectively.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Exactly what holes are opened up by releasing guys like Torrey Smith and Matt Kalil? You don't have to spend $5M and $10M+ to get bad WR and OT play, respectively.

Lol. I know and yet we are scoffed at as if he has to keep them.

53 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Plan B?

Meet your starting RT.  Amini Silatolu 

540141B6-8094-4E20-952C-12C724FA86B3.thumb.png.f38862ee49fc0174eb5e90cc6b35f919.png

Just think cutting smith, speedbump, and shaq could have us at over 30mil lol. Nah we just need bad play on the field, no free agents, and veteran locker room leaders lmfao

1 hour ago, beasonfanclub said:

Are we even gonna try to re-sign Williams? What's Plan B?

Run for yo life Cam/CMC!

2 hours ago, Unionpanther said:

Just think cutting smith, speedbump, and shaq could have us at over 30mil lol. Nah we just need bad play on the field, no free agents, and veteran locker room leaders lmfao

Shaq isn't a bad player.  He was asked to guard slot WR's often the past few years, which was stupid (although he was still better than Munnerlyn).  Shaq taking over for TD's role, will finally put him in a more natural position.  He'll thrive in it too

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nchighrocker

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Yeah that's cute.  Here, let a grownup explain the real world to you: It is moral and just for your ability to see a doctor so you can get $5 antibiotics so a simple infection doesn't kill you to be tied to certain types of employment.  Your ability to remain employed, of course, hinges in part on the performance of the stock market, particularly if you're employed by a publicly traded company.  The performance of the stock market hinges in part on whether Donald Trump has tweeted something extremely stupid today. What an efficient system.  Can you imagine if, say, you were entitled to see a doctor just because you were born here?  How stupid would that be.
    • Jerry Hughes ripped a hole into Carolina’s offensive line in Spartanburg: two straight days of practices, and the o-line was absolutely overwhelmed by McDermott’s defense. Sometimes, your talent level is just not good enough. I can put some of that on coaching, sure. Everybody had a hand in it.  Anyway, from that moment, I’ve been very skeptical about this team’s ability to move the ball. We chronicled that quite frequently during camp. Team look like world-beaters in light padded drills. Once they got punched in the mouth, not so much.