Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Icege

Trai Turner pushing Eric Berry to join the Panthers

I would take him in a minute if he would take a friendly deal. Both Reid and Berry can play both Safety positions and are both Savvy as hell. They would be hell for NO and how they are set up to face Reid and Berry.

• Pie 2

There doesn't seem to be much of a market for him due to the injury so if he'd consider a 1 year very cheap deal, I'd consider it and it could turn out to be huge if he could get healthy. Then he hits FA next year and can get a big deal. Anything longer than a year, or more than like $2-3M and I probably wouldn't consider it. 

I wouldn't mind bringing him aboard on a one year "prove it" deal, but I imagine he's looking for a multi-year thing given his age and lack of playing time the last two seasons.

If we could give a contract with limited guaranteed money and tons of incentives for playing in X amount of games, then that would be nice. Otherwise, hard to give out money for somebody made of glass

Edited by PleaseCutStewart

Name recognition is worth zero points on the scoreboard. 

He was a great safety in his day, but cancer, injury and time take a mighty toll. I wish him the best, but I just can't see how he would be the right choice for our team at this time.