Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HeatCheck

Favorite Hornets Podcast?

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cmichd

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I am not convinced that Rivera is gone after this season. I am not a  Rivera supporter by no means but given the factors that have played a part this season (no Cam, new look defense, new guys, team jelling. Etc) I can honestly see Tepper giving Rivera a pass THIS SEASON and let next season being a "Make it or break it" year for Hurney and Rivera. That said, if the season ended today and Rivera was fired, I would say that Tepper's mindset will be someone younger and that has fire and tenancy. I could see a guy like Kris Richard (DC for the Cowboys, previously of the Seahawks) being a guy to really keep an eye on.  I know it isn't the route most will go because it is another defensive guy but  if Tepper really has that "Steeler" mentality, then he'll put defense before offense any day of the week. I will say this, I honestly believe he is building his own identity here in Carolina and yes, he may use some concepts from the Steelers Organization, I don't think he is trying to make this team the Carolina Steelers. That said, I could see him go bold and get a top guy like Riley (even though I really do not want college coaches, tbh.) Just my two cents
    • I wanna work for CRA. I'll do the absolute bare minimum, but I won't embezzle or intentionally sabotage anything so I guess I'll have perpetual job security because hey, you could always do worse.
    • If we're taking a QB in next year's draft, then Burrow has my vote. 6'4, 216. Plays for a P5 school, has been killing it this season and just destroyed that Alabama defense. 
  • Masters of PIE !