Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Verge

My Carolina mock draft

Would hate this draft. Little came into college with top rated LT expectations, played well his Freshman year and progressively got worse every year after. An injury prone LB, a QB that I dont think is an NFL starter and no S in a great early S draft. I think I would vomit.

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

LMAO, I was thinking see thing. This dude is projected early second and we are going to let all these first rd guys just go by us. Dude this might be the worst projection I've heard for 16.

This

I dont think any TV in my house would survive the draft.  Would be some helluva reaches.  Showed this to a coworker who is a Bama alum and he just about spit out his drink seeing Miller that high

Would be helluva reach with the first 2 picks

20190417_095954.jpg

20190417_095907.jpg

And Sanders very well could be gone at our 3rd pick.  So I dont see him making it to our comp pick

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

So in this mock we get potentially one starting lb and a corner to help a defense that was near the bottom in getting to the qb... 

I’ll take a pass

Edited by mc52beast
  • Pie 1

20190417_072505.jpg

Burns fits where this Defense is going qith his ability to rush on the edge as a OLB, and has shown Great ability to drop back in coverage. If we were sticking with a 4-3 traditional itd be a hard pass.  But the direction Rivera is going ge fots like a glove.  Also has the upside as any edge rusher in this class as far as room to grow

Safties will fall, a strong FA filled a Lot of holes.  A run on QBs and edge rushers combined with atleast 3 WRs going round 1 pushes them down to us.  We grab a Stud Day 1 starter at a very weak position for this team

3 Tytus Howard may mot be around but this OT class is Really deep.  The drop off from Dillard to Howard isnt even in the same universe as the drop off from Burns to Banagu. If Howard isnt around Evans can be a option.

Grier, still dont believe he goes in the 2nd to us.  We will draft a QB, but major holes at starting positions take precedence in the first 2-3 picks

Harris, is not the all 3 down back that some of these others which drops him.  Powerful interior RB which is compliment CMC needs.  He also worked with new Panthers RB coach at Bama.

Jordan brings depth at interior OL and a project with upside

Buggs brings depth at interior DL with experience at 3-4 DE

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I posted this in another thread but this below confirms we either have very high interest in Little or are trying to figure out what kind of project he is.  

• Greg Little^, OT, Ole Miss (COM, PRO, PRI, WOR)

We met with him at the combine, his pro day, had him in for a private visit, and worked him out.  

For me I would take Little in the 2nd. We are also hosting Yodney Cajuste today.  I just hope we don’t reach in the first. That’s 8-9 OT we have had visits with.  Holy fuggin poo.  Please tell me they have contingency plans and they don’t reach  

Better buy some TV screen protectors boys.

Edited by Black&BlueBubba
  • Pie 1

29 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

Would hate this draft. Little came into college with top rated LT expectations, played well his Freshman year and progressively got worse every year after. An injury prone LB, a QB that I dont think is an NFL starter and no S in a great early S draft. I think I would vomit.

Exactly.. This was what i was saying.. the 1st 2 picks are complete gambles (high bust risk) and no safety in a good safety draft.. There is literally no way we have to take such risky picks..

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 1

Oh my God, I love what you do man, but I think I would literally drop to my knees and cry if the draft played out this way. I prefer your alternate picks way more than the actual ones. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

A solid LT will be a bigger need for us in one year than a DE. BPA at either position. Trust the process. 

38 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Dude anybody that thinks teams tank are crazy 

I wasn’t calling for a tank. I was saying if Cam goes down then our season is already tanked. We saw evidence of that this season as we proceeded to lose on out when cam showed the existent of his injury. That would lead us to a very high first round pick next season in a better qb class

Grier isn’t even a first rounder in this weak class. Why make him a priority.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

A solid LT will be a bigger need for us in one year than a DE. BPA at either position. Trust the process. 

Thing is Moton has shown he is capable of playing LT.  And there are plenty of Starting calibre RT with potential to play LT in rds 2-3.

Right now we are ltterally having to move our defense around, scrap it, and move to a new scheme just to manufacture some form of pressure.  

Landing a elite edge rusher is just as big.  

Look at Houston with the worst OL in football, but having a elite edge rusher carrying them to the playoffs.

Look at the Bears, who adding Kalil Mack turned them into legit contenders overnight 

10 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

That's the point.. The solid LT are Dillard, Williams, and Risner before Little.. Even Verge Breakdown agrees with the narrative that Little is a developmental project.. And to be quite honest DE is a way bigger need knowing the only edge rushers under contract after this season is Hayes... How is that not a bigger need in a deep Dline draft??

• Beer 2

8 hours ago, Verge said:

Division rivals draft dream would be us trading up in the first and taking Grier with one of our remaining picks lol

This mock gives us potentially four starters.

It also gives us Potentially none and a bunch of backups who won't see the field.. For real dude most if not all of your alternate picks are way better prospects..

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, Verge said:

Dillard/Little would be our starting LT 
Miller would start at edge 
Brown would compete for the outside corner spot 
Haynes could start at guard if we don't end up getting another tackle/kick Moton inside

Why would we kick Moton inside? He’s looked like the best tackle on our roster no matter where they’ve put him? I really do not get why people keep dismissing this kid

PS no offense but that draft is doodoo haha

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, ncfan said:

20190417_072505.jpg

Burns fits where this Defense is going qith his ability to rush on the edge as a OLB, and has shown Great ability to drop back in coverage. If we were sticking with a 4-3 traditional itd be a hard pass.  But the direction Rivera is going ge fots like a glove.  Also has the upside as any edge rusher in this class as far as room to grow

Safties will fall, a strong FA filled a Lot of holes.  A run on QBs and edge rushers combined with atleast 3 WRs going round 1 pushes them down to us.  We grab a Stud Day 1 starter at a very weak position for this team

3 Tytus Howard may mot be around but this OT class is Really deep.  The drop off from Dillard to Howard isnt even in the same universe as the drop off from Burns to Banagu. If Howard isnt around Evans can be a option.

Grier, still dont believe he goes in the 2nd to us.  We will draft a QB, but major holes at starting positions take precedence in the first 2-3 picks

Harris, is not the all 3 down back that some of these others which drops him.  Powerful interior RB which is compliment CMC needs.  He also worked with new Panthers RB coach at Bama.

Jordan brings depth at interior OL and a project with upside

Buggs brings depth at interior DL with experience at 3-4 DE

Much better...that other draft happens and it’s time to get the pitchforks out

• Pie 2