Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

18 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I got that.  Hence the gun to the head statement to emphasize this is forced decision scenario not on you will make in real life. 

Im not one of those push the voters that will sit out if a progressive is not on the ballot.  Although - come out and vote for down ballot and initiatives  No reason to sit out completely.

Trump is the preferred outcome by many if Bernie doesn't win the nom.   They will entertain no hypotheticals outside of Bernie. 

9 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Or thought experiments apparently.

I think most people would just say a name randomly to get it over with since they aren't really much different?

biden is in decline but that's pretty much the only difference and I'm not even sure how much that matters?

Just now, SZ James (banned) said:

I think most people would just say a name randomly to get it over with since they aren't really much different?

biden is in decline but that's pretty much the only difference and I'm not even sure how much that matters?

Perhaps its just how I watch the debates - I look at candidates in tiers and I put Biden and Amy in the same tier so its just a question I keep asking myself - if this is the tier america wants why is it going this way.

4 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

also amy would 100% lose to trump

irrelevant to my thought experiment.

fug Id pick Williamson over Biden but she would have 110% chance of losing to  Trump.

Edited by Fryfan
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Perhaps its just how I watch the debates - I look at candidates in tiers and I put Biden and Amy in the same tier so its just a question I keep asking myself - if this is the tier america wants why is it going this way.

the mistake you're making is you're thinking too much

No one watches debates. No one knows who Amy Klobuchar is. She brings nothing new to the table. 

Biden= name recognition + obama + "electability"

Klob= the favorite among the pundit class

e: another mistake you're probably making is that ideology hardly even matters which is scary to think about. People think Biden is an alpha male that's gonna literally kick trump's ass on the debate stage (lol). Klobuchar is annoying and sounds like Kitty from that 70s show 

Edited by SZ James (banned)

10 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

irrelevant to my thought experiment.

fug Id pick Williamson over Biden but she would have 110% chance of losing to  Trump.

I agree w/ your thought process. Amy over Biden pretty easily in the vacuum you are debating. 

But Biden is the tougher opponent for Trump because he will get more votes than Amy.  Despite the fact he really shouldn't. 

11 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

the mistake you're making is you're thinking too much

No one watches debates. No one knows who Amy Klobuchar is. She brings nothing new to the table. 

Biden= name recognition + obama + "electability"

Klob= the favorite among the pundit class

e: another mistake you're probably making is that ideology hardly even matters which is scary to think about. People think Biden is an alpha male that's gonna literally kick trump's ass on the debate stage (lol). Klobuchar is annoying and sounds like Kitty from that 70s show 

well, there won't be debates this election most likely....so thriving in that element might not matter as much. 

14 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

People think Biden is an alpha male that's gonna literally kick trump's ass on the debate stage (lol). Klobuchar is annoying and sounds like Kitty from that 70s show 

biden and Trump are incoherent and rambling.  I cant even imagine a debate between those two great grampas.

3 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

biden and Trump are incoherent and rambling.  I cant even imagine a debate between those two great grampas.

have always said, the debates would be the scariest part for a Biden nom.  His odds could easily end there.  Debates are bad matchup for him w/ Trump. 

But like I said, Trump isn't going to do traditional debates this time.  He has already put it out there in the standard Trump manner.  He telegraphs everything like that ahead of time.    He will protest the debates as rigged/Fake News.  Advise he will only do one that he control.   Which means dictate the narrative of what he gets asked.  Trump nor his Admin can stand up to questioning.  They have no answers that can stand on their own.   Which is why there are no press briefings at the WH, State Dept, DoD.  America has gone dark from an accountability standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

have always said, the debates would be the scariest part for a Biden nom.  His odds could easily end there.  Debates are bad matchup for him w/ Trump. 

But like I said, Trump isn't going to do traditional debates this time.  He has already put it out there in the standard Trump manner.  He telegraphs everything like that ahead of time.    He will protest the debates as rigged/Fake News.  Advise he will only do one that he control.   Which means dictate the narrative of what he gets asked.  Trump nor his Admin can stand up to questioning.  They have no answers that can stand on their own.   Which is why there are no press briefings at the WH, State Dept, DoD.  America has gone dark from an accountability standpoint. 

Whoever is debating trump should just give him a sharpie and ask him to circle areas on the map he is talking about - be it Wisconsin or North Korea.

23 minutes ago, SZ James (banned) said:

Klobuchar is annoying and sounds like Kitty from that 70s show 

I don't like the way her voice quivers.  Its not as bad as Susan Collins though.

Ohh ohhh can we make this a few pages about how female congresspeople voices sound shrill and annoying?  That is fun!

• Pie 1

Back on the subject of people who actually may win the primary - Iowa is tight as fug right now...I really hope Bloomberg drags Biden down.

image.png.91442f8c6ddb6ac776d0c4d16f29c1a1.png