Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain Morgan

Day 2 Camp Thread

Recommended Posts

Man, I didnt want Little, but the more time since the draft, I'm happy we got him...  I have a feeling he's gonna be really, really good.

I also wasnt too excited about the direction Marty went in the middle rounds, but again, I have a feeling Miller might end up being the steal of the draft...  Grier still felt unnecessary, especially if Allen had improved as much as it appears, it kind of puts us in a tough spot if they end up having to make a decision between them.  But, still, top to bottom in terms of value, Marty may have hit it out of the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

I enjoyed hearing Greg Little comment on how "amazing" the view of the Charlotte skyline is outside the practice fields."I didn't realize we'd get that type of view." I think we forget to stop and look around with fresh eyes sometimes when we walk into the same place every day.

Someone should tell him the bad news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Man, I didnt want Little, but the more time since the draft, I'm happy we got him...  I have a feeling he's gonna be really, really good.

I also wasnt too excited about the direction Marty went in the middle rounds, but again, I have a feeling Miller might end up being the steal of the draft...  Grier still felt unnecessary, especially if Allen had improved as much as it appears, it kind of puts us in a tough spot if they end up having to make a decision between them.  But, still, top to bottom in terms of value, Marty may have hit it out of the park.

OT from SC should be nice depth too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Man, I didnt want Little, but the more time since the draft, I'm happy we got him...  I have a feeling he's gonna be really, really good.

I also wasnt too excited about the direction Marty went in the middle rounds, but again, I have a feeling Miller might end up being the steal of the draft...  Grier still felt unnecessary, especially if Allen had improved as much as it appears, it kind of puts us in a tough spot if they end up having to make a decision between them.  But, still, top to bottom in terms of value, Marty may have hit it out of the park.

I am also intrigued by the 2 rbs out of this draft.  I warmed up to the Scarlett pick after how hard I saw him run. If he can do that with his speed he may be a nice compliment to CMC. But the one I have been intrigued with over the last couple days is Holyfield. I was adamant about his worth after his 4.74 combine time.  But I went to watch a bunch of film of him yesterday. He may not have top end speed but his burst is not that bad. I’m looking forward to the RB competition this summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, Black&BlueBubba said:

I am also intrigued by the 2 rbs out of this draft.  I warmed up to the Scarlett pick after how hard I saw him run. If he can do that with his speed he may be a nice compliment to CMC. But the one I have been intrigued with over the last couple days is Holyfield. I was adamant about his worth after his 4.74 combine time.  But I went to watch a bunch of film of him yesterday. He may not have top end speed but his burst is not that bad. I’m looking forward to the RB competition this summer. 

What I keep coming back to is that we are all excited to be watching preseason/camp competition for backup players, on offense at least. Greir vs Allen, Scarlett vs Holyfield, Godwin (and $5 million) vs Smith. On offense, the only starting position in question is LG, and we brought back Williams and drafted Daley who can compete for it in addition to being tackle depth. I'm excited to see how Mahon and Hearn progressed after a year with the team. Hell, worse case scenario, we still have Van Roten and Larsen from last season, so we can't be any worse.

Granted, D has a lot more question marks with the 3-4 switch and the fact that our nickel and FS options scare the bejesus out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, Proudiddy said:

Man, I didnt want Little, but the more time since the draft, I'm happy we got him...  I have a feeling he's gonna be really, really good.

I also wasnt too excited about the direction Marty went in the middle rounds, but again, I have a feeling Miller might end up being the steal of the draft...  Grier still felt unnecessary, especially if Allen had improved as much as it appears, it kind of puts us in a tough spot if they end up having to make a decision between them.  But, still, top to bottom in terms of value, Marty may have hit it out of the park.

I’m still not happy about the trade up. I really do think he would have still been there. Unlike the other tackles taken right after, Little was sliding. You have to be sliding to be a really good LT and not go in the first. I think we could have had him and a solid LG, DT, S or CB at 78. Heck sit tight and get Little and we could have used next year’s 3rd to move up from 78 and get Adderley or Thornhill.

That said, I’m cautiously optimistic about Little. If he can become what our FO obviously felt about him then the trade up was well worth it even if it might not have been necessary. I’m just glad Burns was there because it’s 100% clear we were the only team who had a first round grade on him, not to mention 16th. That’s the part that scares me that we were the only ones who thought that highly of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 10:49 AM, ForJimmy said:

I feel like Miller and Holyfield will be our steals of the draft...

And Godwin,..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

What I keep coming back to is that we are all excited to be watching preseason/camp competition for backup players, on offense at least. Greir vs Allen, Scarlett vs Holyfield, Godwin (and $5 million) vs Smith. On offense, the only starting position in question is LG, and we brought back Williams and drafted Daley who can compete for it in addition to being tackle depth. I'm excited to see how Mahon and Hearn progressed after a year with the team. Hell, worse case scenario, we still have Van Roten and Larsen from last season, so we can't be any worse.

Granted, D has a lot more question marks with the 3-4 switch and the fact that our nickel and FS options scare the bejesus out of me.

I don't think we paid DW $6M to ride the pine. 

He and Moton will be starting, it's just to be decided who will play RT and who will play LG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 10:49 AM, ForJimmy said:

I feel like Miller and Holyfield will be our steals of the draft...

Holyfield won't see....the field....in any meaningful way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Holyfield won't see....the field....in any meaningful way. 

Haters make him famous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Haters make him famous.

Fanboys call it hating, but it's just being realistic. UDFAs are a long shot to even make the roster, especially when they're competing for a spot at a position where someone was actually drafted in the same draft class. May he will be an impact player for us at some point, but every UDFA is a long shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fanboys call it hating, but it's just being realistic. UDFAs are a long shot to even make the roster, especially when they're competing for a spot at a position where someone was actually drafted in the same draft class. May he will be an impact player for us at some point, but every UDFA is a long shot.

I wonder if every other fanbase goes bananas for UDFA's like we seem to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fanboys call it hating, but it's just being realistic. UDFAs are a long shot to even make the roster, especially when they're competing for a spot at a position where someone was actually drafted in the same draft class. May he will be an impact player for us at some point, but every UDFA is a long shot.

longshot.thumb.jpg.7e9bca456628389be2b3c4f9a3038862.jpg

It's a long shoooottttttt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I wonder if every other fanbase goes bananas for UDFA's like we seem to? 

Probably. Everyone is rooting someone to be the diamond in the rough. It's a nice feel good story and in terms of bang for the buck on the roster, it's basically getting something of value damn near for free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      20,129
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    lmbm74
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      146,190
    • Total Posts
      4,814,932
  • Posts

    • if it's a hotline that can help with restraining orders, yes, post it hell, i don'r even know what to say to them..."hey, there's a guy on a webboard who has become convinced i'm some, like, old enemy of his or something, and he's stalking me, and he seems pretty disturbed...he won't explain what his problem is, but it seems he had a really big obsession with whoever it is he thinks i am" - that's embarrassing.... you remind me of the car in the movie The Car
    • Bear in mind Favre was hitting throws nicely well after he was effective in game. This shows that he hasn't forgotten how to throw and has enough arm strength to get the ball down field on a wide open target. Bullets start flying, everything changes.   Pat McAfee expressed it well when talking about The Golden Calf of Bristol and Manziel as a comparison. Is Kaep good enough to start over some guys currently getting starts? Yeah, probably. Even after this hiatus. Now, the issue is he is going to be brought in most likely in a backup role. Do you want your backup QB to be generating this media frenzy where every player is interviewed looking for their take on his signing. The Golden Calf of Bristol won a playoff game, was never especially good, but was a good enough athlete that teams wanted to sign him...but the hysteria wasn't worth it. Not The Golden Calf of Bristol's fault, just what it was.   Kaep comes with that baggage/distraction. Is it worth it to a team to sign him despite that clear truth? If you're the bears or something? I think maybe. I honestly want him signed so we can put this crap to bed. Either he balls out and everybody shuts up or he sucks and everybody shuts up.
    • This is a good example of stuff that should be moderated. Admitted purposely useless posting.
  • Masters of PIE !

×
×
  • Create New...