Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

stankowalski

Why I think Eric Reid and Colin Kapernick are a fuging joke

The first thing that enters my mind is that when Ali stood for his principles he had a very real shot of going to jail.  Eric and Colin...not so much.   Nevermind that I thought that Colin was a white dude before all of this but it kind of seems like to me these guys were branding.  EVERYTHING is about money nowadays and I can't blame these guys at all.  There is an audience for this stuff as we have seen. Nevermind that Colin is a marginal QB and that Eric is trying but he's not the same with that front 7 we saw in San Fran when he was  there(don't even try to say we are as good).  The way I see it is that these guys are branding off some real issues, but there really isn't that thing that Ali had to deal with.  You could argue it with it Colin but let's be real, if you're pitting Colin against todays QB's with Ali versus those heavyweights he was facing, it's not close.  Ali was a MUCH better boxer than Colin could ever be at QB.  That's indisputable.  Colin and Reid are branding and I'm I'm not buying in.  

A

I'm sure they are quite disappointed at this unexpected turn of events. They were really counting on you buying in.

Thanks for telling us when to nevermind about things though. I think the safe move is to apply that thought to your whole post.

• Pie 2

I’m almost positive  if Ali we’re alive he’d be kneeling right along with Colin and Reid lol

• Pie 7

The point is, since you missed it...Kap and Reid had NOTHING to lose doing what they did whereas Ali did.  And Ali did.  Ali was the best heavyweight ever and he protested at the top of his game.  Kap and Reid weren't even remotely close to his level.    Ali did what he did when athletes didn't even think about a 'brand'.  He did it because he believed.  Not to say that Kap and Reid don't, but I'm skeptical only because of the pervasive social media, and branding prevalent with todays athletes. 

And btw, just because I think these guys are tools doesn't mean that I don't think they have a point.  I could just be cynical. 

You know it amazes me how much people forget or don't know.  Do you guys realize that Ali couldn't box from the time he was 25 until he was almost 30.  Do you know how much money he gave up for that?  And to boot he was threatened with jail.  And I'm supposed to draw parallels with Reid and Kapernick?  fug you.

4 hours ago, stankowalski said:

The point is, since you missed it...Kap and Reid had NOTHING to lose doing what they did whereas Ali did.  And Ali did.  Ali was the best heavyweight ever and he protested at the top of his game.  Kap and Reid weren't even remotely close to his level.    Ali did what he did when athletes didn't even think about a 'brand'.  He did it because he believed.  Not to say that Kap and Reid don't, but I'm skeptical only because of the pervasive social media, and branding prevalent with todays athletes. 

And btw, just because I think these guys are tools doesn't mean that I don't think they have a point.  I could just be cynical. 

I never liked Ali, was a Frazier guy

but a lot of merit in what you say 

It seems that everyone has forgotten that the President threatened the NFL with punitive action over Reid/Kaepernick.  Your tax dollars also paid for Mike Pence and his security detail to get flown to an NFL game so they could get offended by players kneeling during the anthem and dramatically storm out.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield

6 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Dunno why protesting only counts if you have something to lose, but ok.

• Pie 1