Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

beastson

Ron out here talking about "we're good" with backup QB's lol

4 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Ron’s job is on the line this season. Can we all stop crying and let it play out? I know every fan thinks that if your starting QB goes down you should have a Nick Foles waiting in the background, but that is extremely rare. We win or lose this year with Cam. I expect a bad season for our competition as well if Matt Ryan, Brees, or Winston goes down. We are less than two weeks out and we have a vet, and two young qbs we are developing (who already know Norvs complex playbook). 

We could be the colts

• Pie 1

Grier needs allens reps. Thats all there is to it. Higher ceiling and a playmaker.

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Grier needs allens reps. Thats all there is to it. Higher ceiling and a playmaker.

Ron has all but said Allen is the #2, so why would we take reps away from the #2 to give to the #3?  Time has ran out for Grier to move up the depth chart based on merit this season.  He needs to make a better case for himself next year.  This year, we need Allen to be the best player he can be...and yes, take as many reps as possible.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Maybe we could wait until they play together for a few games before we throw them under the bus 

OK so if you think the offensive line is doing well, what's keeping us from playing well in games? 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You know why we're good? Because if Cam doesn't play, Ron is getting fired.

I feel like there is a sizable portion of the forums that would prefer the Panthers be terrible and Cam get injured...just so Ron will get fired.

And it baffles me.

• Pie 1

Well offer of reasonable options to improve the QB position before you start criticizing. 

I care more that the backup QB is someone that will support the starter and make him feel confident and comfortable. 

If Cam goes down mid season and we are having a great year, then go trade for someone that can keep the team in the playoff picture. 

This time last year no one gave 2 shits about who our back up QB is.  Right?  So what has changed?  Cam is healthy guys and he will play. 

3 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

We used a 3rd round pick on a QB. He made the bed now he has to lay on it

Yup, knowing Grier would be on the sideline all year and still selected him with plenty of solid RBs and safeties still on the board.  Not the best use of a draft pick.  Also we had Allen and Heinicke already in the fold.  That meant four QBs in camp and someone having to get cut.   I would have rather kept Hienicke and used that draft pick on a player that will actually play on Sundays this season.

5 hours ago, Cuttinedge said:

Good money is the opposite of “no” money 

Then in my vocabulary it wouldn't be good or bad money but rather no money and some money. Actually the saying throwing good money after bad always was explained to me as initially wasting money on a bad purchase like a car that doesn't run for example and then spending more to fix it rather than cutting your losses.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

OK so if you think the offensive line is doing well, what's keeping us from playing well in games? 

It is the preseason and we are shuffling different combinations every series so obviously chemistry is not there which is the reason our blitz pickups were not good. Let's see how they do against the Rams and Tampa. Then we can at least have something to talk about 

9 hours ago, beastson said:

This is absurd. This is what happens when you keep a coach too long. They get too comfortable. Too content.

Who do you want to sign? Trade Allen for RG3? I think dude would be a great fit in Norv's system, so long as he learned how to slide.

9 hours ago, Cuttinedge said:

I’d bet good money a Sean Payton offense minus brees gains more than 29 yards In a  half.

But we got what we got at this point. Roll with it.   

You mean like the very last regular season game with Bridgewater? I mean, sure...putting up barely over 100 yards passing, 14 points, and a 40 QBR. Is that really the kind of performance you want our backups striving towards?