Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Mr. Scot

If we learned that Newton is indeed "sick of football"...

Yeh I’d be with him too. From 1997-2002 I didn’t watch one game. Actually I didn’t watch any TV at all during that time. I had no idea what the Sopranos were, barely Friends and all the others. 

Being in the military and stationed overseas where I could only get scores really got me out of watching TV period really. 

It was quite liberating. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...what would you say?

I would say that’s an attitude well and deservedly earned playing QB for Ron “I’d have taken a shot too” Rivera.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

I would say that’s an attitude well and deservedly earned playing QB for Ron “I’d have taken a shot too” Rivera.

I expected something along those lines was going to be the majority answer.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. I'm watching less and less NFL football over the years. The level of officiating has a lot to do with it for me. In the past, even if the Panthers sucked I'd still watch a lot of NFL football as a casual observer. I don't know if the officiating really is that much worse or if the multitude of HD views from nearly every angle make it that much more obvious, but it's really starting to feel WWE-esque where it's just part of the storyline.

The league is in trouble. People are smarter now. Everybody is starting to see the picture. Yes the players are brutally beaten. But they are just pawns on a chess game. They don't even have a clue...

10 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Hey tiger - I always wonder why you (and others) have a problem with that statement from Ron. I seem to recall Cam was heading in for a score and got popped just before he got in. He was a runner outside of the pocket.  I don't recall it being dirty.  Maybe it was?  Rivera was a linebacker back in the day and was taught to hit the guy with the ball before he crossed the goal line. Why does his statement bother you?  That was his job.

I’ve got Sunday ticket as well this year since my girlfriend is a giants fan. I’m also in a fantasy league and watching other games without the stress of having a vested interest in who wins still makes football fun for me. I can’t stop watching the train wreck of our team either but I do find myself having to care less for about the panthers game outcome my own mental health.

Edited by panther4life

Wouldn't suprise me.  Moving on.  I love college and pro football so I'll keep watching.  What I am sick of is Ron and his same old "missed opportunities" speeches and the blatant challenge calls that is obvious to the world but the F-ing refs.  

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...what would you say?

I think that's ludicrous to believe. He's DEFINITELY sick of being hurt, but there are few people that ever played football and loved it more than Cam. If his body is right, he would play until he died of old age.