Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Untouchable

Bradberry Is Going To Be Costly

Guest contributor over at Roaring Riot with a nice breakdown of a few plays from Bradberry.  The secondary has been a big part of our pass rush this year and he is a big reason both are playing well.  Front office made a mistake not offering a contract this offseason.  Hindsight is always 20/20 and but he had shown more than enough entering the season (even without the ball skills) to see this coming and for the team to get in at a discount for such a big contributor.

I won't post the TMZ Sports article because they did not do a good job of representing his quote, but obviously the big pay day is extra motivation for him as his #1 goal financially off the field is to be able to get his mom into retirement.

• Pie 3

Well if he keeps up that production vs the upcoming slate of QBs he will have earned a great deal. 

• Pie 5

Yup. Thanks for sharing and while it would have been nice to sign him already, the key point is hindsight being 20/20. Nobody knew if he was going to perform at this level this season and you have to consider that signing him before the season likely would have involved a significantly higher price tag on him right now, not just down the road, since agents are going to push for any deal to replace the current cheap rookie pay rate, not just tack onto his existing deal.

panthers have a lot of cap space coming free next season, especially with cam and kk. 

they'll be players next season, not just with shaq and BB but outside players as well. 

Still has Julio twice Mike Thomas twice and possibly Adams with Green Bay. May drive his price down some or he may shut them down like he did Hopkins.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

He deserves it and I hope we give it to him.

I agree. I find myself rooting for him even more for how quiet of a guy he is and how underappreciated he is by our fans. Hope the man gets paid elsewhere if not here. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

panthers have a lot of cap space coming free next season, especially with cam and kk. 

they'll be players next season, not just with shaq and BB but outside players as well. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1sLHD1kiSxHBYTgMaI0Y

This team, with Hurney as a GM, does not have a favorable history of keeping high price tag DBs. Not saying that can't or won't change, but ...

51 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

This team, with Hurney as a GM, does not have a favorable history of keeping high price tag DBs. Not saying that can't or won't change, but ...

Who have we tried to keep and lost out to other teams under Hurney.

Edited by panthers55

I really like James Bradberry's game. He's shown improvement every year that he's been a Panther. It's time for him to get paid.

However, unless it's a team friendly deal, I'm ready to move on.

The Panthers do not need to saddle themselves with high-dollar contracts like this. History has not been kind to teams that do. Rarely do you see successful teams, like the Pats, throwing big money at their own free agents. 

Bradberry is a good talent, but he's not generational. He's not going to be $14M better than a CB that can be had in the draft. I'm fine with Cockrell and Jackson as the starting corners until a replacement can be groomed. 

• Pie 1

Bradberry was repairing his grandmother's toilet when he got the call from the Panthers that he'd been selected.  I was a fan from day one and I hope he stays a Panther for a long time and he seems like a team first kind of guy.  

• Pie 2