Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
MGH1989

Reports: Matt Rhule finalizing deal to be Carolina Panthers HC

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

The pessimists here are so lame. He’s a completely unknown quantity at the pro level who’s been successful so far, and you’re gonna go in expecting the worst? I dreaded McCarthy but I’d take anyone over another year of the same old with the previous staff. 

Keep Pounding you bozos.

I was on the Mike McCarthy bus big time. In his 13 years at Green Bay, he won his division 6 times, made the playoffs 9 times, and won a Super Bowl. Friggin Sold!

Everyone keeps mentioning how Ron never had two winning seasons in a row, then are all excited when we hire a guy who's had 1 winning season in his 3 years at Baylor. 

I'll still be rooting for the cats, and will try to be more Soviet Russia about all this. The decision that was made was the best decision that could have been made. 

Was this a good hire?  The positives and the negatives.  Which one would you prefer first, the he good Aladeen or the bad Aladeen.

#RhuletheDay

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Offensively I think our biggest problem is that we haven't allowed Cam to play in more traditional formations . RPO does work when Cam is healthy but it is also predictable. I can recall all our passes at times being the same thing over and over. Screen, PA, or RPO.  I think Ron's biggest failure with Cam is not continuing the path that Chud had him on his rookie year. He ditched that and went for the quickest path to success and went RPO to save his own ass. Sure we got to the SB but it got Cam beat up. 

Agreed

Cam thrived in that offense. And it appeared, Ron-as a new young, dumb, insecure defensive coach-appeared worried that his side of the ball wasn't doing well. So yes, it appeared his priority wasn't to improve his QB (along with his other time out, carrying a lead bad management issues. He just seemed like a scared coach.

PS: As discussed ad nausem here: This allowed Ron & Co to not properly develop their team, offense by always relying on Cam for power runs, great escapes-Houdini throws, etc., instead of developing a proper offensive line; full back; receivers, and play calling to offensively excel most of his career. Good Riddance!

Not sure about Rhule, so I can't comment. However, I've long been from the Anybody But Ron school since viewing his coaching from day one.

Edited by FootballMaestro
  • Pie 2

New blood. Fresh start I like his energy. If Cam works out great. But if he is hurt and puny  f u c k  it love you, but bye. We trying to win now,  and in the future. Pro sports is bitter sweet.

2 hours ago, joemac said:

I agree.  I think rookie year Cam, under Chud was the most dynamic we have ever seen him.  His MVP season was dominating in a completely different fashion.  

Yeah.

Sad part is: Most people/media outside the Carolina's have no idea about this or even care. They think Cam's, some 5'9" scrambler with a weak, inaccurate arm, who wants to flee the pocket at a moments notice, and it's not his coach calling, forcing the run plays.

I love this hire, especially after watching his interviews. He's turned around two absolute dumpster fire teams, and did it without building his own ego.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Panthers IG stories are live at the CLT airport looks like we’re about to welcome him to Charlotte tonight

Edited by Ship
  • Pie 1

Not a huge fan of the hire, but I'll get behind it and support Rhule.