Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
DFive

Browns to hire Vikings’ OC Kevin Stefanski for their HC

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Let’s also be real and not forget 99% of the people on here we’re already trying to crown a Hurney crafted roster as a good thing at the same time. 

Really? I think it was more like a small handful while the rest of us were horrified of the thought of another Hurney regime. Not as horrified the thought of a McDaniels regime, but horrified nonetheless.

• Pie 1

Again, I was very interested in McD, but if he needed that much control, I'm not sure that is what we needed. I'm more in the camp of having some checks and balances, at least until you prove yourself. McD hasn't proven himself yet. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Again, I was very interested in McD, but if he needed that much control, I'm not sure that is what we needed. I'm more in the camp of having some checks and balances, at least until you prove yourself. McD hasn't proven himself yet. 

McDaniels has the luxury of waiting for a team to meet his demands.  He’s got tremendous job security in NE as well as a fat paycheck.

If the Browns really wanted to hire the architect of the Vikings offense they probably should have talked to Gary Kubiak, the wizard behind the curtain.  If he is recovered from the health issues that forced his to leave the Broncos, he is a much better option.

Per Florio...This year, Kitchens failed. Stefanski, well, it’s not clear what he really did. He spent the full season as offensive coordinator in Minnesota, but by all accounts the credit for Minnesota’s chicken-salad recipe went to assistant head coach/offensive consultant Gary Kubiak. Indeed, when head coach Mike Zimmer calls Kubiak, not Stefanski, “probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me since I came here,” that says plenty.

• Flames 2

2 hours ago, bobowilson said:

Not a good look when Haslam is making better decisions than you (although it was really DePodesta, who had previously recommended Sean McDermott)

Any decision Haslam makes, but default, is a bad decision.  He doesn't have any accrued brownie points for "lets see what happens" or "this is probably a good decision" until he starts getting results.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mary Kay Cabot confirms what we suspected. The Browns watched last night's game and took the loser.

Apparently, having the guy that's available sooner matters more than the guy who's better.

There is a saying, "Like attracts like", meaning people with a low frequency -- people who are insecure and self-abandoning -- attract each other, while people with a high frequency -- people who love and value themselves -- also attract each other.  This is the law of attraction.  The Browns are losers so it's no wonder they saw themselves in Stefanski (the loser) and disregarded Robert Saleh (the winner).  #science

• Beer 1

Just now, DFive said:

There is a saying, "Like attracts like", meaning people with a low frequency -- people who are insecure and self-abandoning -- attract each other, while people with a high frequency -- people who love and value themselves -- also attract each other.  This is the law of attraction.  The Browns are losers so it's no wonder they saw themselves in Stefanski (the loser) and disregarded Robert Saleh (the winner).  #science

Or it could be more simpler.

One could also say they wanted an offensive minded coach to help fix their offensive issues.  Which were the most prevalent.

• Beer 1

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Or it could be more simpler.

One could also say they wanted an offensive minded coach to help fix their offensive issues.  Which were the most prevalent.

Remind me, what kind of coach was Freddie Kitchens again...?  :thinking:

3 minutes ago, DFive said:

image.gif.51af8102b0490d1b40498fc56caaad35.gif

• Pie 1

Just now, DFive said:

Remind me, what kind of coach was Freddie Kitchens again...? 

Sorry, is your implication that because Kitchens was bad at his job, they should stop giving a higher priority to someone that has a stronger offensive background (if that is what they were after)?

1 hour ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Any decision Haslam makes, but default, is a bad decision.  He doesn't have any accrued brownie points for "lets see what happens" or "this is probably a good decision" until he starts getting results.

Except DePodesta made this decision, not Haslam

And DePodesta has a near flawless track record when actually listened to

It will be fun to bump this thread in a year

4 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Please do.

Granted, I expect you will forget to.  Because you will be on a different forum account.

Easy to have a flawless track record when you barely even do anything.  Can you expand on his "track record when actually listened to"?

Edited by Tepper's Chest Hair

5 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

Didn't you also promise to bump the thread where you guaranteed the Panthers would hire Stefanski?

• Flames 2