Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

WOW!!

I really like the path of this team..

Recommended Posts

I think this team is 2 players and another year of development away from really being a competitive every year playoff team...

They fight every night and rarely get blown out by even the top teams in the league... 

NO STAR PLAYER OR INTERIOR DEFENDER and Rebounder... Still in every game..

Kucp is a talent evaluators supreme.  The value he gets in the 1st and 2nd round picks are incredible  ..

Lastly I love how  Borrego coaches and develop this team... They run some really good offensive sets,  They take advantage of mismatches when they can catch some.. He let's them run and go.  And lately they have been playing some really good defense...

I'm finding no reason not to be excited about this team now and in the future..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


been losing some tights ones lately...to much better teams

just need a couple of really good star players

and i agree...really like our coach & gm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

unfortunately the "No Star Player" trait that you like about the team - is our biggest problem..

to be playoff contender - you need 1
to be a conference contender - you need 2
to be finals contender - you need 2 + help

if we can somehow find One Star in the draft OR manage to trade for one - it will dramatically alter the roster we currently have.. but i understand where you are coming from and share your optimism.. Kup has a good eye and hasn't done and stupid, short-sighted deals.. we are poised to have a bunch of cap and a few good draft picks coming up.. gotta flex those into the right player or 2.. we have a lot of good filler to put around whoever that is.. unfortunately, i dont see that player on our current roster

And they definitely aren't coming from this FA class this year:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-top-30-players-in-next-years-class-led-by-anthony-davis-demar-derozan-brandon-ingram/

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

unfortunately the "No Star Player" trait that you like about the team - is our biggest problem..

to be playoff contender - you need 1
to be a conference contender - you need 2
to be finals contender - you need 2 + help

if we can somehow find One Star in the draft OR manage to trade for one - it will dramatically alter the roster we currently have.. but i understand where you are coming from and share your optimism.. Kup has a good eye and hasn't done and stupid, short-sighted deals.. we are poised to have a bunch of cap and a few good draft picks coming up.. gotta flex those into the right player or 2.. we have a lot of good filler to put around whoever that is.. unfortunately, i dont see that player on our current roster

And they definitely aren't coming from this FA class this year:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-free-agency-top-30-players-in-next-years-class-led-by-anthony-davis-demar-derozan-brandon-ingram/

I didn't say anything about having no stars being a plus or something I like... I think the team is 2 players away from really competing for playoffs (a star scoring wing and big rim defender and Rebounder)..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I didn't say anything about having no stars being a plus or something I like... I think the team is 2 players away from really competing for playoffs (a star scoring wing and big rim defender and Rebounder)..

Thread title: "I really like the path of this team"
Thread post: "NO STAR PLAYER OR INTERIOR DEFENDER and Rebounder... Still in every game.."

I am not trying to pick a fight - im just saying i agree we are 1-2 stars away from honestly competing.. the looking on the "bright-side" that we are competitive without any stars is fine by itself but that will all change when/if we get some star power because the team makeup with be drastically different.. but nice to know we got guys who can compete and have grit

I think we are saying the same thing just different wording..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about the Hornets, but at least they are fun to watch, and they compete hard as a group more often than not.

That's better than anything the Panthers have been doing as of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the next year or two we'll be moving into the next phase of building the team. I was reading about the Nets and them firing their coach last night and it made me worried about our team in the future. The Nets built up their team with developing guys and taking cast offs and being scrappy and having a fire to them. Then they are able to get Kyrie and Durant and now the coach is out and the team is about the stars. The ethos of the team has changed. Similar thing with the Clippers this year. My personal concern is us getting to the star player point and nabbing a FA who comes in with their own ideas and goals and changes up the rest of the team because of it. Personally I don't think thats fun. Plenty of people disagree with that and are happy to have a Lebron or Leonard come in and basically run the show. It leads to Championships.

However, I'm really hoping we can find a star in the draft somehow. I don't want to see the core of guys here now who are grinding just become boats lost at sea with a big FA splash. My hope is we can draft/develop a star who can buy in with our current core and grind the same way. It's more fun to watch in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a franchise that has historically drafted terribly, the Hornets have quietly had a pretty good last couple drafts.  

Devonte Graham, Miles Bridges, and PJ Washington are 3 guys that you can build with.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, ECUPantherFan said:

For a franchise that has historically drafted terribly, the Hornets have quietly had a pretty good last couple drafts.  

Devonte Graham, Miles Bridges, and PJ Washington are 3 guys that you can build with.

"Guys you can build with" - agree..
Problem is we just need a guy you can build around...

2019: #12 - PJ
2018: #12 - Bridges, #34 - Graham
^^ those are good to great value picks right there

we just need a knockout pick.. a Harden or Kawhi mid-first pick..
i believe Mitch can do it..

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

"Guys you can build with" - agree..
Problem is we just need a guy you can build around...

2019: #12 - PJ
2018: #12 - Bridges, #34 - Graham
^^ those are good to great value picks right there

we just need a knockout pick.. a Harden or Kawhi mid-first pick..
i believe Mitch can do it..

Mitch has done an amazing job.  Just keep him happy and good times are coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...