Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
NAS

Matt Rhule interview

Posted (edited)

I’d rather my HC look like he hasn’t slept for days from staying up watching tape and scouting potential free agents and draft picks than one that is resting on his laurels and clocking out every day at 5pm. 

Also I think Rhule having a lot of  input on draft will keep hurney from pulling a hurney in late rounds 

Edited by Cuttinedge
  • Pie 7

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really hope we moved on from Cam due to injury concerns and we're just doing the right thing by Cam and not disclosing that and posing it as a football decision. Honestly, that would be commendable. But, if we really did choose Teddy over Cam as a pure football decision... oh wee mayne.

Sounds like all of the above 

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

It is perfectly clear that Cam is healthy as a horse and neither the foot nor shoulder were the reason for moving on from him.

At some point all will come to this realization.

Tell the bears that 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

I get the feeling that "pro readiness" thing is gonna be a big deal.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Should we take that to mean we're going to be in base nickel a lot?

(that was how McDermott did it)

the whole not wanting to say anything negative about him when injury comes up makes me think there is something more there in some form.

• Beer 1

I'm just throwing poo against a wall here. I sort of get the impression that Covid may be the reason Cam was released. I think because the virus disrupted team meetings and will disrupt mini camps and possibly more...the Panthers thought it more beneficial to bring in a guy who knows the system.  It isnt fair, but this virus may have under cut the Panthers ability to evaluate Cam's health and hindered his ability to learn and be evaluated in a new system. Talk about horrible timing.

It is possible that the Panthers were telling the truth about wanting Cam to compete and play for them prior to the Pandemic.

I'm not saying this is what happened but in my mind it does seem to make sense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

the whole not wanting to say anything negative about him when injury comes up makes me think there is something more there in some form.

Of course there is

Posted (edited)

Gotta say...not a fan. Makes me think of the old Redskins under Vinny Cerrato and Rob Ryan's "11 safeties" defense.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm just throwing poo against a wall here. I sort of get the impression that Covid may be the reason Cam was released. I think because the virus disrupted team meetings and will disrupt mini camps and possibly more...the Panthers thought it more beneficial to bring in a guy who knows the system.  It isnt fair, but this virus may have under cut the Panthers ability to evaluate Cam's health and hindered his ability to learn and be evaluated in a new system. Talk about horrible timing.

It is possible that the Panthers were telling the truth about wanting Cam to compete and play for them prior to the Pandemic.

I'm not saying this is what happened but in my mind it does seem to make sense.

There was talk of the Panthers parting ways with Newton looooooooong before Covid-19 came into play.

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get the feeling that "pro readiness" thing is gonna be a big deal.

So there will be a reciever pick at some point.  Seems we gonna have a potent offense

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I really hope we moved on from Cam due to injury concerns and we're just doing the right thing by Cam and not disclosing that and posing it as a football decision. Honestly, that would be commendable. But, if we really did choose Teddy over Cam as a pure football decision... oh wee mayne.

That’s exactly what they did, and the panthers will pay dearly for this awful decision. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Should we take that to mean we're going to be in base nickel a lot?

(that was how McDermott did it)

This might be why we are so interested in Amik Robertson. He has the skills to be a really good nickel. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There was talk of the Panthers parting ways with Newton looooooooong before Covid-19 came into play.

That's true...a lot of talk from the media about it. Last year of his deal, injuries, and a new coach. Under those circumstances rumors would have of course been started.  I just dont think they would have told Cam that he would have been back ( according to Cam they did) and I dont think Matt Rhule would have said what he said in his combine interview if it was completely true though.

Edited by TheMaulClaw