Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Keeping this short, Cam stans need to stop rewriting history. This idea that the Panthers were garbage before Cam Newton is nothing more than fan boys, fan boying. Jake Delhome took us to 2 superbowls and the Panthers won MULTIPLE Conference titles with Jake Delhomme. 

Players that helped mold the panthers WAAAY before Cam got there:

Musin Muhammad 

Deshun Foster

Steve Smith

Stephen Davis

Sam Mills

Will Witherspoon

Etc...

GET OFF CAMS JOCK.

Delhomme went to the Super Bowl with Steve Smith. Cam went to the Super Bowl with Ted Ginn as his #1 receiver.

if Cam had the 2003 Panthers behind him we would have actually won a Super Bowl.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, rodeo said:

Delhomme went to the Super Bowl with Steve Smith. Cam went to the Super Bowl with Ted Ginn as his #1 receiver.

if Cam had the 2003 Panthers behind him we would have actually won a Super Bowl.

lol Cam with Stephen Davis, Proehl, and prime Moose/Smith plus that defense and roided up OL.  Goodnight.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, rodeo said:

Point is, the Panthers didn't start with Cam Newton, they will be fine without him.

Delhomme went 53-37 (.588) vs Cam's 68-56-1 (.548). Delhomme had a top 15 scoring defense every single year he was here (7 seasons); Cam had a top 15 scoring defense 3 times in his 9 seasons.

Delhomme had prime Smith, Moose, and Ricky Proehl; along with a stable of solid RBs (Foster, Davis, early Double Trouble); Cam had a few decent years of Stew grinding out tough yards but mostly an out of shape DWill doing cutbacks 5 yards behind the LOS. Cam's best target outside of Olsen was KB for a year, then Funchess/Ted Ginn/other bums. Cam almost beat Brees in the playoffs with a WR core of Kaelin Clay, Funchess, and Brenton Bersin.

I don't think this is a "who's better" question, just whether we were garbage before Cam got here. 

We were hot garbage in 2010, but that was an isolated year and a perfect storm of excrement.  Delhomme was both done and gone, Fox couldn't get past it, was in the last year of his contract, it was obvious that he was not returning, and we had an owner stubbornly trying to force him to resign so he didn't have to pay him the final year of his contract.  Then to add to a perfect recipe for disaster the fact that Fox essentially sabotaged whatever Moore might have been by trotting him out there when he would have answered the trainer's question of how many fingers he was holding up with "Tuesday?"  That left us with........Pickles, a guy who was falling down the draft board like he was attached to an anchor, and only the SS Hurney saved him.

The team was in a rebuilding mode, but going about it in slow motion by not acknowledging it.

So, we were not usually garbage, but it would have taken a lot longer to pull ourselves off the garbage heap we found ourselves on if not for Cam Newton.  I'd say we were normally mediocre with a few good seasons thrown in to pique our interest.  We had three double digit win seasons out of six in the 2000s with Delhomme.  We had three out of a five year stretch under Cam.  I think the stretch under Cam was much more dependent on Cam than the similar stretch was dependent on Delhomme.

Rivera should be sending him a Christmas Car every year.  And I meant car, not card.

Now about those two Super Bowls Delhomme led us to.......

21 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Now about those two Super Bowls Delhomme led us to.......

Yeah I want to know those 2 super bowls he led us to as well.  He led us to 1 I can remember but the 2nd one I remember another quarterback starting.  Jake led us to 2 NFC title games.  Maybe I am just old and forget stuff.

1 hour ago, bababoey said:

Yeah I want to know those 2 super bowls he led us to as well.  He led us to 1 I can remember but the 2nd one I remember another quarterback starting.  Jake led us to 2 NFC title games.  Maybe I am just old and forget stuff.

I misspoke.