Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Looks like no college football. NFL on Saturdays?

Looks like college football will be cancelled this week.

Would you like to see the NFL move to a Saturday/Sunday schedule every week? 

• Pie 1

NFL might as well go for broke, no telling how long this season is going to last before the V forces them to shut down too.

• Beer 1

Probably wont be any high school football either so can possibly do Thurs-Mon

Posted (edited)

Make lemons into lemonade, add Saturday games while eliminating the one on Thursday night.   Thursday games create additional physical stress on players fighting to stay healthy in the middle of a pandemic.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

So, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of not the best football (because of the pandemic) might be a bit much. But they are gonna try and recoup as much money as possible where they can.

Posted (edited)

Anything that could get rid of Thursday night games is worth looking into. Saturday games are the best NFL game days that we only really see during the playoffs.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 5

I still believe everyone is and has been doing the same thing.  Easier to fake going back to football instead of canceling from the jump. 

Even the NFL doesn't actually make sense.  I mean people discuss all the protocols except for the one that matters most.  What do you do when your starting C test positive late in the week.   How many people does that put on the shelf and for how long.  Just because you have access to rapid testing doesn't mean you can test people right then and put them back on the field. 

• Beer 1

I am down for Saturday games.

I don't think it will ultimately matter but, yeah, I am in.

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

I still believe everyone is and has been doing the same thing.  Easier to fake going back to football instead of canceling from the jump. 

Even the NFL doesn't actually make sense.  I mean people discuss all the protocols except for the one that matters most.  What do you do when your starting C test positive late in the week.   How many people does that put on the shelf and for how long.  Just because you have access to rapid testing doesn't mean you can test people right then and put them back on the field. 

It's just a desperate attempt to get some money flowing in for as long as they can keep it going. I would be absolutely shocked if the season is played to completion. They just want to be able to collect on this TV contracts for as many weeks as they possibly can. I just want enough games to be played for this year's season to be factored into next year's draft position.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's just a desperate attempt to get some money flowing in for as long as they can keep it going. I would be absolutely shocked if the season is played to completion. They just want to be able to collect on this TV contracts for as many weeks as they possibly can. I just want enough games to be played for this year's season to be factored into next year's draft position.

yeah, a variation of a NBA lottery would suck for the next draft.  Patriots would end up w/ the #1 pick....I mean you just know that would happen. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I wan't sports like anyone else. However, in general they are just going to prolong this ordeal with the pandemic.  If only we had taken this seriously when we had the chance to get ahead of it. 

• Pie 4

Posted (edited)

NCAA had ample time to create plans and viable options to avoid this. Big surprise, the NCAA wasn’t up to the task. I guess they bought into the trump logic that the virus would burn itself out with hot weather (LOL!) or just magically disappear (even bigger LOL). We are probably going to see some athletic departments completely disband in some schools. Bubba Cunningham, AD for UNC, said if college FB is cancelled this year Carolina would lose around $51 million dollars. Yowza. The NCAA is about as incompetent of a sports organization as there is. The people in charge are too rich for their own good. They probably want to cancel the season NOT because of Covid but because there are serious rumblings of the student athletes organizing and creating a sort of players union which absolutely strikes fear in the NCAA. 

NFL season is probably next. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 3

Just one game on Sat night.. I got things to do but would def tune in to a prime time game in the evening

24 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I wan't sports like anyone else. However, in general they are just going to prolong this ordeal with the pandemic.  If only we had taken this seriously when we had the chance to get ahead of it. 

Agree with this but what people really need to realize is that there is a strong possibility that College sports could be cancelled next year as well. What on earth gives people any sort of inclination to believe that the virus in this country will be under control by then? Things are worse than what they were in March and don’t forget we have flu season around the corner. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

NCAA had ample time to create plans and viable options to avoid this. Big surprise, the NCAA wasn’t up to the task. I guess they bought into the trump logic that the virus would burn itself out with hot weather (LOL!) or just magically disappear (even bigger LOL). We are probably going to see some athletic departments completely disband in some schools. Bubba Cunningham, AD for UNC, said if college FB is cancelled this year Carolina would lose around $51 million dollars. Yowza. The NCAA is about as incompetent of a sports organization as there is. The people in charge are too rich for their own good. They probably want to cancel the season NOT because of Covid but because there are serious rumblings of the student athletes organizing and creating a sort of players union which absolutely strikes fear in the NCAA. 

NFL season is probably next. 

The NCAA doesn't do things like that. They don't organize anything. They just make money. The conferences are in the ones running the show.

• Pie 1