Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Things I think I think from watching today's training camp practice

How does Teddy's touch on the ball passing compare to Cam's, especially the short throws? Just wondering what the differences we are going to see this year might be. 

11 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

How does Teddy's touch on the ball passing compare to Cam's, especially the short throws? Just wondering what the differences we are going to see this year might be. 

He has a softer touch and is better with the short throws. Almost always hits guys in stride. Anticipates and throws to a spot instead of relying on arm strength to get the ball there in an instant. 

• Pie 1

How did this turn into a bash Hurney thread??

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Such is the Huddle

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, but Grier was a Hurney draft pick. That usually buys you a few years automatically. 

I remember Rhule saying he was very high on Grier based on what he saw of him in college.  I would think that Rhule will decide if he sticks around.

3 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Yeah.. Im not holding my breath. If he shows any kind of promise then its probably 2 maybe 3 years we have him. Which is to be expected as Rhule is the guy for the next decade. 

why is anyone projecting Rhule to be the coach for the next decade this early in his career makes no logical sense whatsoever...just saying this the NFL show me 

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Grier is the second coming of Jimmy Clausen. Kyle Allen is the second coming of Matt Moore. I know which one I'd rather have. The one whose comparison is the guy still in the NFL.

I was thinking more along the lines of Tony Pike. Except his hometown hero advantage had Hurney spending a 3rd instead of a 6th. Lol

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I remember Rhule saying he was very high on Grier based on what he saw of him in college.  I would think that Rhule will decide if he sticks around.

Yeah, and Rhule said he was very high on Gano too just before releasing him. 

Rhule is very strategic in his speech. I wouldn't take everything he says as the entire truth. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah, and Rhule said he was very high on Gano too just before releasing him. 

Rhule is very strategic in his speech. I wouldn't take everything he says as the entire truth. 

Touche. Coach speak 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Grier was mentioned and him at 100 was the worst kept secret in NFL draft history. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

There is way too much low hanging fruit to criticize Hurney about to waste any time complaining about a 3rd round comp pick on Will Grier. Even if he does prove to be a complete bust, I'm not sure that move would crack the top 100 of Hurney's worst moves.

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He has a softer touch and is better with the short throws. Almost always hits guys in stride. Anticipates and throws to a spot instead of relying on arm strength to get the ball there in an instant. 

Perfect description. Teddy has always been great a putting the ball where the receiver is going to be.

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There is way too much low hanging fruit to criticize Hurney about to waste any time complaining about a 3rd round comp pick on Will Grier. Even if he does prove to be a complete bust, I'm not sure that move would crack the top 100 of Hurney's worst moves.

That will always be trading a future 1st to move up for Everette Brown.

Ovwerall I am more excited about this team than when I left for camp this morning.  

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ovwerall I am more excited about this team than when I left for camp this morning.  

Thank you.. I really wish this thread could have been more about your observations in camp...

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

How many wins total?    I still think 2-3 is about right