Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
hepcat

Only The Diehards Remain: Is Fan Interest Down This Season?

My interest has never been higher. New owner, new coach, new team. I was really losing interest in the ho hum 8-8 attitude this team had for 25 years. Yea they’ll struggle but it’s fun watching a young team grow together 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Has it occurred to anyone that our current QB is also black?

I'm one of the biggest Cam fans on this board but the reality is that he's no longer a Panther, like it or not. We have a general football sub-forum where Cam can be discussed to your heart's desire. At some point, the Panthers forum needs to be about the Panthers. We've always let the main forum become a bit of a catch all in the off-season then steered it back to the Panthers come football season. That's where we are now 

this isn't lost on anyone... but lets not act like teddy isn't more russ wilson than cam newton, and there's a reason that's much more palatable to a lot of people, especially around here

• Pie 2

Just now, Crixtala said:

this isn't lost on anyone... but lets not act like teddy isn't more russ wilson than cam newton, and there's a reason that's much more palatable to a lot of people, especially around here

Boisterous flamboyant players are always somewhat of a lightning rod. I love Cam but I have no issues admitting that I would've HATED him had he been drafted by a division rival.

2 minutes ago, Crixtala said:

out of the three players you mention, which one kneeled during the anthem yesterday?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

out of the three players you mention, which one kneeled during the anthem yesterday?

the one who is being treated as a placeholder for trevor lawrence on this forum. teddy is being treated as a means to an end. shits gonna go south real quick with your "diehards" if he plays well enough to keep us out of the trevor lawrence sweepstakes or worse, ends up starting beyond his relatively short contract. but you know that.

• Flames 4

11 minutes ago, Crixtala said:

Whos the racist now. Holy crap For your sake I hope its just incredible stupidity.

When people keep talking it usually makes its way to the top one way or another.

Edited by Moo Daeng

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

the one who is being treated as a placeholder for trevor lawrence on this forum.

I've been saying the opposite since he was signed. Lots of other people have as well. I think you tend to generalize this place in terms you want to generalize it as. 

1 minute ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

the one who is being treated as a placeholder for trevor lawrence on this forum. teddy is being treated as a means to an end. shits gonna go south real quick with your "diehards" if he plays well enough to keep us out of the trevor lawrence sweepstakes or worse, ends up starting beyond his relatively short contract. but you know that.

If he stays here beyond his current contract then we're probably winning and he's playing well.

I don't think there's gonna be a whole lot of complaints about that if it comes to fruition.

• Beer 1

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

lol

Well, I was wrong. Evidently there will be people still complaining. LOL indeed.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Whos the racist now. Holy crap For your sake I hope its just incredible stupidity.

When people keep talking it usually makes its way to the top one way or another.

the same folks that have always been

google laid it out pretty well... they're the one's biting their tongues right now hoping teddy can stink it up enough that we get the next great qb that doesn't get heated when someone tries to snatch a chain off their neck

I'll be honest. I've been so concerned with this pandemic and this poo show of a government and this poo show of an election that I didnt even realize football was coming back this week. Just seems like there shouldn't even be a season right now. This country needs to sort itself out. 

So yeah, my interest is pretty low this season. Mostly because of the pandemic and turmoil our country is in. But also because I didnt spend an entire off-season and preseason getting to know a new roster. 

You'll probably notice that trend all across the nfl this year. All across sports actually. 

42 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

So, in a more serious response.  More about the Huddle than the team. I have been avoiding the boards a bit because without preseason I just don't have as much to share.  I enjoyed GameDay and getting a bit back into the forum. But... Yesterday we had a beautiful 75 yard completion. Something I think worth being happy about for our new offense. A thread celebrating it turned into a total shitshow of how Teddy isnt good enough and comments making it sound like it was some kind of Cam erasure thread, which them prompted the Cam haters to come poo on Cam, and it was just a mess.  I dont have a problem with people pointing out flaws in the team or players or highlighting what people still have to prove. 

There's a ton of frustration in the fanbase and on these boards.  Being angry at how the team handled Cam is fair and many of us aren't "over" Cam and never will be... but I also think that when that anger spills into every thread about a Panthers QB it can make it rough to have discussions. I dont mind people thinking Teddy has a lot to prove or even disliking him/ thinking he isn't the answer. That's not what I mean.

I do see this AM that the mod crew is trying to clean things up... guess we will see.

This is the truth. 

I get what @Jeremy Igo is saying in this thread and I also understand others. 

I see the problem here. Igo, you're only targeting non-panther fans or only "Cam fans only" that start crap. You're not tackling the whole issue. There are posters that are also "Panther fans" that do the same thing. Crap on Cam any chance they get in order to start the whole cycle over again. It all needs to be nipped in the bud instead of only focusing on one group.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

This is the truth. 

I see the problem here. Igo, you're only targeting non-panther fans or only "Cam fans only" that start crap. You're not tackling the whole issue. There are posters that are also "Panther fans" that do the same thing. Crap on Cam any chance they get in order to start the whole cycle over again. It all needs to be nipped in the bud instead of only focusing on one group.

I agree. The instigations need to stop as well. Good point. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

This is the truth. 

This is true. People drop in to threads and pick fights with posters over Cam.  Yesterday Aggie had his fandom questioned in what was a pretty reasonable exchange before that; in this thread Cookie was told to follow a different team . That also isn't helping anything. 

• Pie 1