Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

PANTHERS sign ex-Jets pro bowler CB Trumaine Johnson

Whatever happened to that guy? He was a legit top 25 CB for a few years. Assume he got injured with the Jets and never made it back? 

13 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Whatever happened to that guy? He was a legit top 25 CB for a few years. Assume he got injured with the Jets and never made it back? 

Got paid, stopped trying.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Got paid, stopped trying.

he was injured and played only first half of 2019 after a solid 2018

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

he was injured and played only first half of 2019 after a solid 2018

I just looked it up. you're right.

Got paid, got hurt, couldn't recover to his old self

What was I saying about "When opportunity knocks..." the other day?

• Pie 1

Love the new PS eligibility rules being able to sign vested veterans and keep them until they are up to speed on the scheme without using a roster spot.  Can see this remaining after COVID especially with 17 game season.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

His issue has been injuries. The game logs tell the story. Quad in 18 and ankle in 19 and put on IR. In 18 he had one of his best statistical seasons despite only playing 10 games.  

Edited by Moo Daeng

Man, I really love this and the Butler signing.  It feels like we're finally constantly looking to get better by any means.  Johnson was quickly developing a reputation as one of the best corners in the league a few years ago, so this could end up being a steal.  I guarantee he is already better than a couple of guys we have on the active roster now.

But, this still seems weird to have veteran guys like him on the PS lol.  I'm surprised no one else had taken a chance on him already.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Man, I really love this and the Butler signing.  It feels like we're finally constantly looking to get better by any means.  Johnson was quickly developing a reputation as one of the best corners in the league a few years ago, so this could end up being a steal.  I guarantee he is already better than a couple of guys we have on the active roster now.

But, this still seems weird to have veteran guys like him on the PS lol.  I'm surprised no one else had taken a chance on him already.

On the practice squad, can another team still reach out and snag him if they put him onto their 53-man roster? Or is he protected there now?

Sorry, with the rule changes, I'm still a bit in the fog.

28 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

Now sign Prince to league minimum and test him out on the practice squad. Couldn't hurt, right?

He dropped dead a few tears ago, it was all over the news. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

He dropped dead a few tears ago, it was all over the news. 

If I was Prince Amakaruka I would totally wear a Raspberry Beret to the Panthers training facility and try to earn a starting gig.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

This is a "why not" signing. Its fine. 

Yep. No practice squad signing can ever actually hurt your team. May not help as much as another player on the PS but can’t hurt.

And it's a no brainier for a CB we pick up.  This is probably their best opportunity to start.