Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

electro's horse

That's probably it for Greg Olsen

Recommended Posts

ruptured plantar fascia last night

not a career ender per se, but definitely something that's going to take a while to come back from, it's another foot injury, it's the kind of thing that's easily REinjured, and he has tons of offers waiting for him. Gotta think he voicemails from Fox studios on his phone this morning. 

So what do we do? 

Sign him for a 1 day contract to retire a panther if he wants?

Honor him before a game/at halftime?

Statue?

Ring? 

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ouch, that's unfortunate. Was it the same foot?

I prefer having our legends retire with us, so I"d love to see us offer a 1-day contract.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love him & TD....big mistake when Marty gave them new deals

we all knew greg wouldn’t make it thru this yr

there are several guys he can replace at Fox...just a matter of time before he is better than aikman 

Edited by bull123
  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

ruptured plantar fascia last night

not a career ender per se, but definitely something that's going to take a while to come back from, it's another foot injury, it's the kind of thing that's easily REinjured, and he has tons of offers waiting for him. Gotta think he voicemails from Fox studios on his phone this morning. 

So what do we do? 

Sign him for a 1 day contract to retire a panther if he wants?

Honor him before a game/at halftime?

Statue?

Ring? 

Sorry to hear that. Super awesome guy and a great role model.  Honor at a game for sure. But statues and rings are a bit much IMO for ANY player that didn't finish out their last years with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn another foot injury? That is probably a wrap for him unfortunately. The crazy thing is he was basically an iron man until he got the first foot injury with us, then it was just one after the other 

I wouldn't say statue but definitely ring of honor and retire as a panther. Best Panther TE.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


49 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Ring of honor and retire the jersey. 

Wouldn’t retire his jersey. That’s overkill. Ring of honor for sure.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Wouldn’t retire his jersey. That’s overkill. Ring of honor for sure.

Man, he did alot for the community, a poo load. He worked with my foundation as well, so I am bias. He is just a good dude overall. His performance on the field had him as a top TE for consecutive seasons. Maybe it is overkill.

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


14 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Damn another foot injury? That is probably a wrap for him unfortunately. The crazy thing is he was basically an iron man until he got the first foot injury with us, then it was just one after the other 

Foot injuries have a long history of taking out big men. That's a lot of stress on some really small structures. Just seems like oftentimes once that ball starts rolling there's no stopping it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Sorry to hear that. Super awesome guy and a great role model.  Honor at a game for sure. But statues and rings are a bit much IMO for ANY player that didn't finish out their last years with us.

Do you realize Greg was the first TE with back to back to back 1000 yd seasons?  At minimum ring of honor.

Also remember it wasn't Greg's decision to move on.  We let him go.

  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Do you realize Greg was the first TE with back to back to back 1000 yd seasons?  At minimum ring of honor.

Also remember it wasn't Greg's decision to move on.  We let him go.

And that's after we had a really good TE before him in Westley Walls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Olsen was such a great gift for the Panthers.  Great player, incredible community member, and heck of a captain.  

I hate that he did get hurt, but I think Greg needs to look at the bigger picture, and hang them up.  His body is done.  He shouldn't wait until he's been cut down to two leg Greg... =P

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...