• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolina-chuck

UPDATED: Confirmed. Bobcats Exploring Trade for Evan Turner

I'd much rather give up Hendo than MKG, even though Hendo is currently the better player. Trading the #2 pick who's 20 years old before he finishes his second season reinforces that fact that fans have zero confidence in this front office.

Teams make mistake in the draft. It happens too often. I rather be confident knowing that the FO can own up to the mistake of taking MKG than trying to make fans feel happy and not trade him. Get something you can for MKG now while hes still worth something.

Guest Dark Knight

Teams make mistake in the draft. It happens too often. I rather be confident knowing that the FO can own up to the mistake of taking MKG than trying to make fans feel happy and not trade him. Get something you can for MKG now while hes still worth something.

MKG is one of the best defensive & rebounding SF in the league. And he's only 20 years old.

Trading him would be stupid.

MKG is one of the best defensive & rebounding SF in the league. And he's only 20 years old.

Trading him would be stupid.

Do you believe that he will ever develop an offensive game anytime soon? It's like every year we say the same thing. "He'll do so in 2-3 years". We're going to say the same thing next year. When will he finally get one?

It's the NBA here we're talking about. If you dont have an offensive game you aint gonna be here long. The best MKG can be at this point is a role player off the bench that plays good defense.

I think that he's somewhat similar to Lance Stephenson but Stephenson plays faster and is a better ball handler which help him get to the basket. All of which MKG is not. If MKG can find a way to move with the ball, thats the only way he'll find an offense; getting to the basket.

would be one of the single worst trades for the B-cats possible 

i swear to buddha if we give up on MKG too early and he becomes a really rich mans Tony Allen I'm going to flip my poo

He's a 20 year old kid with a little over 1 year of NBA experience. There is NO WAY you can call him a bust at this point.

It's the NBA here we're talking about. If you dont have an offensive game you aint gonna be here long.

Tell that to guys like Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace.

If you weren't going to give a guy, who you drafted knowing he needed to develop, more than one year to develop into and NBA player then it doesn't save face when you cut ties with him and admit you were wrong....it shows you're fugging incompetent

Jordan isn't making personnel decisions.

I know that....which is why the proposed trade is so perplexing.  Does not seem like a move Cho would make....more like a move that we would have made when Jordan was calling the shots.

In other words....sounds like a shitty deal to me.

Guest Dark Knight

I know that....which is why the proposed trade is so perplexing. Does not seem like a move Cho would make....more like a move that we would have made when Jordan was calling the shots.

In other words....sounds like a shitty deal to me.

Jordan was a train wreck in DC & when he got here but since buying the team he's actually been really good. It was a smart move to dump all the high paid veterans & rebuild, a great move to hire Cho & give him full control, & a brilliant move to rebrand. Albeit the last one was a no brainer.

Tell that to guys like Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace.

If you weren't going to give a guy, who you drafted knowing he needed to develop, more than one year to develop into and NBA player then it doesn't save face when you cut ties with him and admit you were wrong....it shows you're fugging incompetent

To be honest, those guys would never flourish in the league nowadays.  Ben Wallace actually only had a couple good years and was in the league for a long time before doing anything for Larry Brown.

Rodman would be fouled out of an NBA game now in the 1st quarter.

The game has changed, for better or worse, and if you can't score, you are a liability.  MKG and Biz, are both that.   Just look at the "center" position now to know how much the game has changed.  There are really only a handful of "true" centers now.

To be honest, those guys would never flourish in the league nowadays. Ben Wallace actually only had a couple good years and was in the league for a long time before doing anything for Larry Brown.

Rodman would be fouled out of an NBA game now in the 1st quarter.

The game has changed, for better or worse, and if you can't score, you are a liability. MKG and Biz, are both that. Just look at the "center" position now to know how much the game has changed. There are really only a handful of "true" centers now.

Sorry....I can't agree with saying a HOFer wouldn't flourish in the league today. IMO the league and competition was better when they played.

Regardless....doesn't change the fact that they knew MKG wasn't a shooter when they drafted him and that giving up on him after a year is ridiculous.

all these soft ass "scorers" other than durant and a few others benefit from the lack of defense played in the NBA.   put some pressure on them or deny the lane and they're shooting 35%

If we get Turner I really doubt we end up giving up to much to get him. 

It would cost probably just the Portland pick and some filler , probably get a third team involved with the Gordon contract. MKG is not going anywhere , they are not about to give up on the number 2 pick this early. 

The idea of getting Turner would be to add him to the core Of Kemba , Henderson , MKG , Zeller , Jefferson not getting rid of any of these assets and going for a playoff run . This would likely mean we would be going all in with this roster for the next few years and we would not have a draft pick in this draft probably unless we luck into a Detroit pick. Detroit is such a train wreck right now they could be banking on getting a top pick in the next draft from detroit as the pick is only number one protected next year. 

where is it confirmed that we are trying to get Evan Turner?

From Bonnell. What Chuck initially posted seemed like a guy trying to drum up traffic for his own site, but then Bonnell posted a whole blurb on it and that we are interested in Turner. And Bonnell has started getting it more right than not over recent years. He's shot down a lot of rumored trades that fans were buzzing about last season as well because they weren't true.