• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Transformation Thread - Live Press Conference @ 12:30 PM (Updated 5/7 @ 11:49PM)

cdandi1

Why?

The colors are awesome because there's nothing like them in the NBA.

There's really only a two teams that stick out by color and that's the Lakers and Hornets.

As far as the name, I'm a little perplexed as to why you don't like that either. Unlike some professional teams, the Hornets name is symbolic of the region (i.e. trail blazers, pistons).

there's a reason there's nothing like them in the nba.  they're ugly, and they're ugly together.

as far as the name goes, they were really named after shinn's peewee football team.  the "regional connection" didn't surface until the bobcats showed up.

i didn't like the bobcats name either, but i did like their colors.   there was nothing else like them in the nba.

there's a reason there's nothing like them in the nba. they're ugly, and they're ugly together.

as far as the name goes, they were really named after shinn's peewee football team. the "regional connection" didn't surface until the bobcats showed up.

i didn't like the bobcats name either, but i did like their colors. there was nothing else like them in the nba.

Apparently not many people agree with you because Lakers jersey's are still some of the highest selling items (even in a down year). The Hornets snap-backs are also one of premier selling items at any hat selling store and I'm not even going to get started on the starter jackets.

Also that's an incorrect statement about Schinn. The Meck Police Department actually has a Hornet's nest patch on their uniform and decal on their cruiser.

there's a reason there's nothing like them in the nba. they're ugly, and they're ugly together.

as far as the name goes, they were really named after shinn's peewee football team. the "regional connection" didn't surface until the bobcats showed up.

i didn't like the bobcats name either, but i did like their colors. there was nothing else like them in the nba.

Oh and as far as nothing else like them... are you familiar with the Memphis Grizzlies or the Dallas Mavs green alts? Both of those jersey's share noticeable similarities in the color (Memphis) and design (Dallas and Memphis).

Charlotte Hornets colorway/brand isn't nearly as popular nationwide as y'all think.

-Sacramento Kings

-Vancouver Grizzlies

-Los Angeles Lakers

-Chicago Bulls

-Seattle SuperSonics

Those are all infinitely more popular nationwide than the Charlotte Hornets, as far as throwbacks and general merchandize goes.

Not to mention the actual Hornets sucked. They usually had a losing record, and if not they still never even got out of the second round.

Are they popular in Charlotte and the Carolina's? Sure. But, umm, newsflash: 99% of teams are popular in their hometown.

Now the brand is gonna be soiled by one of the shittiest franchises in sports history. All because a bunch of middle aged men can't let go of their childhood.

Enjoy the "Hornets" getting bounced in the first or 2nd round a few years, then sucking ass and being bottom feeders.

Archived