• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, will TWC Arena be known as The Hive?

SCP

It's gonna be 1988 all over again. A jam packed house every night. The city, hell even entire Carolinas, are in a frenzy over their Hornets coming home.

Jordan is a genius & he has a serious cash cow on his hands. NC is a basketball hotbed & he has just awakened an absolute monster of a fanbase.

I told some of my friends who recently moved to Charlotte from California that the Charlotte area is as loyal, passionate, & obsessed with the Hornets as any other city with any other sport in the whole damn country. They laughed, but it's the truth. 364 consecutive sellouts of an enormous arena don't lie.

This whole transition to the hornets has been absolutely perfectly executed. They have done all the right things. There are some really smart people that know what  they are doing in charge of this. They have gotten this fan base so freaking exciting. Night one of the hornets being back I will have chills all over my body and tears in my eyes. It's going to be insane. it will feel like the old days, if not better. I can't wait for that day to get here

I told some of my friends who recently moved to Charlotte from California that the Charlotte area is as loyal, passionate, & obsessed with the Hornets as any other city with any other sport in the whole damn country. They laughed, but it's the truth. 364 consecutive sellouts of an enormous arena don't lie.

A lot has changed in Charlotte since the Hornets had their consecutive sellouts, but it is true that Charlotte loves basketball and the Hornets brand is a much easier brand to sell than the Bobcats.

Still, when Shinn brought the Hornets to Charlotte it was the only game in town. Years later, the Panthers arrived and the team found itself competing for the local sports dollar. Jordan will not have it as easy as Shinn did, but he's put himself in a position to do much better than the Bobcats ever would.

It's funny how you hear a lot of people talk about how a name change won't make the team winners. Sure, it won't. BUT if you can win or loose with a team name that means something instead of win or loose with a generic name you stole from some little league jersey, why not?

I have not heard one person give me a good argument as to why they should have ever kept the current name. Instead, the argument is against the name change. It makes absolutely no sense.

Archived