• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cards, Clearances, Challenges and Chances. The General Soccer Information Thread

C47

I kept wanting to post here but some bald guy with an amazing beard kept blocking me.

I watched the last USA match in the world cup and I really enjoyed it.

But now where to go? What should I follow? Are there different rules between Barclays and MLS? When do their seasons run?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I kept wanting to post here but some bald guy with an amazing beard kept blocking me.

I watched the last USA match in the world cup and I really enjoyed it.

But now where to go? What should I follow? Are there different rules between Barclays and MLS? When do their seasons run?

I recommend you pick a club and follow Premier League football. It's very accessible for US viewers, and it won't be a two-horse race like most other European leagues. BPL runs from August 16th to May 24th.

Also- don't forget Champions League.

I recommend you pick a club and follow Premier League football. It's very accessible for US viewers, and it won't be a two-horse race like most other European leagues. BPL runs from August 16th to May 24th.

Also- don't forget Champions League.

I do happen to have this Manchester United shirt I got as a gift

Yea. I realize that now. My fault.

You could always take one of those tests to determine which Prem club you should support.

I just dropped $6,000 on Amazon on Man U crap. You suck!

I did just read this: 

Here is why all of this is important to understand.  At the end of the season, the bottom three finishers from the Premier League are regulated down to the Football League Championship for the next season.  Meanwhile, the top two finishing teams in the Football League Championship are automatically promoted into the Premier League the next season.  The next four top finishing teams enter a playoff competition for the last and final spot.

This same thing happens in all of the remaining leagues as well.  SOOOO…in theory, a group of guys could get together in a pub and start a team and eventually make it into the Premier League.  Of course that never happens but in theory it could.  That is something that becomes much more interesting when talking about the FA Cup which I will address in a later post.

This makes things way more interesting now.

I just dropped $6,000 on Amazon on Man U crap. You suck!

I did just read this: 

This makes things way more interesting now.

Yep. If you pick a yearly bottom-feeder or a recently promoted club, you run the risk of them dropping down a division. I'd go mid-table or higher. Each club has its strengths and weaknesses when it comes to being a supporter.

Man City- Not excessively offensive, but they are run by Arab Oil Money and spend exorbitant amounts on players. Glory-hunters.

Liverpool- Rich history, but haven't won a first division title since 1990. 5-time UCL champs and have won many other trophies since then. Much of the fanbase is delusional though.

Arsenal- Probably equally as delusional of a fanbase as Liverpool. Won their first trophy in like 8 or 9 years this past season. Never won UCL, but had great domestic success in 90s and the early to mid 2000s.

Chelsea- Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich. Dude has been responsible for deaths, embezzling money, scamming investors, etc...but buys lots of players and gives this plastic fanbase something to golf clap about.

Everton- The Toffees. I dunno. They don't do much. They wear blue.

Tottenham- Lost their best player in a world-record transfer last summer to Real Madrid. Spent £100m on transfers, but nothing really materialized.

Man U- Awful. Just awful. Do not support.

Archived