• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bonnell now saying Hornets are players for Lance.

PantherBrew

It's done.  Let it go...

Think about it like this...  If he accepted our offer of 7 mil per and he was talking to multiple teams, odds are they were offering somewhere in the same ballpark and we nudged them out for his services.

So what...  It's over with.

Why would I "let it go" when you all won't let go of your refusal to admit that it was ridiculous?

Marvin is good player who is going to surprise you.... he will trade bait next year with hendo or Bismarck.... only a 2 yr deal.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He could've surprised me for what Kris Humphries and Paul Pierce are making, then there would be no doubt that we could also win a bid for Boozer. 

Really? Still stuck on this? I am so surprised you are not a GM with your expertise and the fact that you could do no wrong. 

That kind of comment will never work on a logician.

Keep trying though, if you wish. No one needs to be anything to be right. 

Just throwing this out there...

What about a sign and trade with Indiana where Stephenson comes over at 4yrs./$44mil with a player option in the final year for Gerald Henderson and his $6 mil contract throwing in a top 20 protected pick if need be.

Getting Henderson off the books keeps us at around $7 mil in cap space even with adding Stephenson.

Then use up to $6 mil of that on a bid for Carlos Boozer.

Then use the room exception to sign Brian Roberts.

Finally, re-sign Pargo using the rights exception at a vet min contract.

And if we really want to fill out the entire roster, use the bi-annual on Josh Davis.

This puts us at no more than $4 mil over.

Then role with...

PG: Kemba Walker, Brian Roberts, Jannero Pargo

SG: Lance Stephenson, P.J. Hairston, Gary Neal

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor

PF: Carlos Boozer, Noah Vonleh, Josh Davis

C: Al Jefferson, Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo

Then Collect Rings...

Ok I'm done... off to bed.

The quicker you are to accept the fact that we have to overpay FA to come here, the better

That is not a fact.

Sincerely,

Brian Roberts

And like I said, if you had to "overpay" Marvin Williams, then you didn't need Marvin Williams. If you legitimize the fact that he was overpaid, then you are saying that they desperately needed to sign him and him alone whether you realize it or not, which would be ridiculous for you to think.

Just throwing this out there...

What about a sign and trade with Indiana where Stephenson comes over at 4yrs./$44mil with a player option in the final year for Gerald Henderson and his $6 mil contract throwing in a top 20 protected pick if need be.

Getting Henderson off the books keeps us at around $7 mil in cap space even with adding Stephenson.

Then use up to $6 mil of that on a bid for Carlos Boozer.

Then use the room exception to sign Brian Roberts.

Finally, re-sign Pargo using the rights exception at a vet min contract.

And if we really want to fill out the entire roster, use the bi-annual on Josh Davis.

This puts us at no more than $4 mil over.

Then role with...

PG: Kemba Walker, Brian Roberts, Jannero Pargo

SG: Lance Stephenson, P.J. Hairston, Gary Neal

SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Marvin Williams, Jeff Taylor

PF: Carlos Boozer, Noah Vonleh, Josh Davis

C: Al Jefferson, Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo

Then Collect Rings...

Ok I'm done... off to bed.

I would be extremely happy with that offseason. My only complaint would be the $7 million per backup, but I can live with that for a 2 year deal. 

Archived