• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Hornets matchup against Top Teams in East

bLACKpANTHER

You could go with Hollinger's PER that had Kyrie 6th and Kemba 17th. I'm all about Kemba, but he's not better than Kyrie. Maybe healthier but not better.

you don't belong.  this is the hornets message forum where kemba is number 1 and you can't say nothing else or you are a fornicator.  

First off, who is us?

Second, who is donelevite (sounds like a Bible character)?

Finally, Kyrie is better than Kemba based on what? You've yet to answer the question with any substantial argument.

I think he was trying to name the purple Ninja Turtle.

You could go with Hollinger's PER that had Kyrie 6th and Kemba 17th. I'm all about Kemba, but he's not better than Kyrie. Maybe healthier but not better.

That's a solid argument but are the PER's just based on points?

Edit: I was looking at the PER it's strange to say the least. I'm interested in how Hollinger weighs his statistics (there's no way Isaiah Thomas should be in the top five).

It looks like points are weighed pretty high and I also don't see how Walker has a worse turnover ratio than Irving when Irving averages more turnovers per game.

After looking over it, it seems as if the PER is eschewed. Two of his categories (value added/estimated wins added) are two categories that it seems Hollinger made up and put a significant weight on. Not even DraftExpress uses those two categories.

That's a solid argument but are the PER's just based on points?

It's a good offensive stat. It paints a limited story defensively, but when you get into defense there aren't a lot of great metrics.

In any event, I'd say Kemba is a better value, but not a better player right now.

It's a good offensive stat. It paints a limited story defensively, but when you get into defense there aren't a lot of great metrics.

In any event, I'd say Kemba is a better value, but not a better player right now.

I was looking at the PER it's strange to say the least. I'm interested in how Hollinger weighs his statistics (there's no way Isaiah Thomas should be in the top five).

It looks like points are weighed pretty high and I also don't see how Walker has a worse turnover ratio than Irving when Irving averages more turnovers per game.

After looking over it, it seems as if the PER is eschewed. Two of his categories (value added/estimated wins added) are two categories that it seems Hollinger made up and put a significant weight on. Not even DraftExpress uses those two categories.

I also don't think Kemba is better but I thinks he's in the same second tier (Walker, Wall, Irving etc...).

"PER strives to measure a player's per-minute performance, while adjusting for pace. A league-average PER is always 15.00, which permits comparisons of player performance across seasons"

It's very stat based so a rebound is better than a good box out, but as a year to year comparison of great players, it tends to be amoung the best.

"PER strives to measure a player's per-minute performance, while adjusting for pace. A league-average PER is always 15.00, which permits comparisons of player performance across seasons"

It's very stat based so a rebound is better than a good box out, but as a year to year comparison of great players, it tends to be amoung the best.

So the league average is 15... and players averages over an 18.0 PER when going against Irving. That's got to be worrisome.

Can someone translate.

i don't know anything about efficiency ratings so let's make this not about me (since this dudes story doesn't preach kemba is the bestest 1 guard ever, in history) and make it seem like i know what i'm talking about by asking "is that rated just on points?".

hahaha

i don't know anything about efficiency ratings so let's make this not about me (since this dudes story doesn't preach kemba is the bestest 1 guard ever, in history) and make it seem like i know what i'm talking about by asking "is that rated just on points?".

hahaha

If it's heavily weighted on points then of course it's going to favor Kyrie.

If it's based on offense, defense, rebounds, assists, turnovers, etc... and the weight is equal (as it should be) it should yield Walker as a top 10 point guard right up there with Irving.

So the league average is 15... and players averages over an 18.0 PER when going against Irving. That's got to be worrisome.

Maybe, but I think a point guard's stats tend to be skewed if you want to use PER as your base for measuring the defense of one player.

IE if the rest of the Cavs defenders are terrible, then the opposing point guard might rack up easy assists.

Archived