• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Devil is still in Josh Hamilton

Carolina Husker

Because he likes having women draped all over him? Yeah, my prayers are with him. :yawn:

Yeah...really....poor, poor fellow. So what he had a few beers, and had a night of enjoyment. BIG DEAL!

At least he isn't out running around doing steroids and lying about it. :eek:

Leave the poor kid alone...who doesn't like to enjoy a cold beer, and a hot woman to drink it with. :D

yeah this happened in January, actually it was already reported to Jon Daniels and the MLB Commitee a while ago, and Daniels is actually doing the right thing in getting him help instead of suspending him and putting him in full danger of completely relapsing.

The Wife thing, he has released a statement on how he was embarrassed and how he has made a mistake. It just goes to show you even after 3 years the temptation is still there.

I personally do not believe in addiction, because I think addicts are just weak minded people that use drugs and alcohol as an excuse to gain sympathy or not to deal with everyday hardships.

Is it a problem that he had a few drinks in January?? yeah it is to a certain level, because he does have an addiction/problem that he is trying to beat. Is it a huge deal like certain media outlets and MBs are making it out to be? No, because he did not go into a full relapse, he hasn't drank since January, and it never led to doing drugs like he had done in the past. He made a mistake and now he is paying for it.

If I think I can have one drink, I think I can have two, and then it snowballs to 10 or 12, Hamilton said. As soon as it happened, I called my support staff — Katie, the organization and MLB — and told them what happened. I was open and honest about it. People with an addiction can make a mistake.

The Rangers, who entered Saturday trailing the Angels by 3½ games in the AL West, have not discussed punitive measures in case there is a recurrence. But Daniels said Hamilton will not be taking a leave of absence.

That would be counterproductive, Daniels said. We knew that going in when we acquired Josh. We know the risks of dealing with someone with substance abuse problems. Ultimately, he's a grown man and he has to make his own decisions. Nobody's here to baby-sit him, but we should help him make the right decisions and help him get through this.

http://www.fox8.com/sports/sns-ap-bba-rangers-hamilton-relapse,0,176355.story

Perhaps you're both unaware of his crippling drug and alcohol addiction.

I said he kicked the horse- what more do you want me to say?

Or the fact that he's married.

Somebody call the morality police.

Sounds like Tweeder covered all the bases on this one.

Archived