• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pittsburgh TD against Ravens

Darth Biscuit

By rule, the call was garbage. The call on the field was that he was short of the goal line. The referee would have had to have seen indisputable evidence that the receiver had possession of the ball when the ball was across the plane.

Should it have been a touchdown? Probably. His feet were in the end-zone, and the NFL rules are pretty stupid at times. However, according to the rule book, it should have been ruled 4th and Goal just a couple of inches out.

Should Baltimore fans be outraged? Maybe at the fact that their offense only managed to put 9 points on the board. Maybe at the fact that their defensive coordinator has no idea what he's doing in a 2:00 minute drill. But at the referees? No. Tough call, but they lost that game on their own.

[

Maybe at the fact that their defensive coordinator has no idea what he's doing in a 2:00 minute drill.

Are you saying that Rex Ryan doesnt know how to call a defensive game? Come on, he had his best cornerback out for that series, and his best pass rusher in T. Suggs got hurt as well. Pittsburg didnt do poo until that last drive, and yes, I know thats when it mattered, but to call out Rex Ryan is a joke, the guy has a defense that is top 3 every year.

As far as the call, it was BS! The call on the field is 4th and inches, there was no eveidence what-so-ever that the ball crossed the line. Replay refs are terrible, I just wonder what really goes on., I just dont see how a ref, who can watch it over and over, can come up with poo like that?

Coleman's idiocy in spotting the ball was just amazing.

Earlier in the game, there was a 3rd down run by PIT stopped short of the 30 (1st down marker) .... the Steelers challenged, from replay it looked like he barely crossed the 29 ... Coleman comes out of the hood and spots the ball at the 30.

I think the call on the field should have been upheld. And if it had been called a TD, then that call should have been upheld also. Indisputable evidence, there wasn't enough to go either way. But, I guess the NFL cheats for certain teams and there is no way around that fact. I used to not think that, but you see it so much now, that what other reason is there?

I think the call on the field should have been upheld. And if it had been called a TD, then that call should have been upheld also. Indisputable evidence, there wasn't enough to go either way. But, I guess the NFL cheats for certain teams and there is no way around that fact. I used to not think that, but you see it so much now, that what other reason is there?

I totally agree with you

Coleman's idiocy in spotting the ball was just amazing.

Earlier in the game, there was a 3rd down run by PIT stopped short of the 30 (1st down marker) .... the Steelers challenged, from replay it looked like he barely crossed the 29 ... Coleman comes out of the hood and spots the ball at the 30.

That call was critical as well, changes the game with Pittsburg not getting that first dwon, they dont get the field goal. Disgusting, but the NFL loves Pittsburg and Dallas, with huge fan bases, they want both these teams to be in the playoffs, its become a joke.

Considering the fact that the NFL is ruining the sport by making defensive players hit from the pro tee, and having offenses hit from the ladies tee just so people can see 50 points scored in a game..does it really surprise you that they favor the teams with the bigger market value?

I don't know about the call being fixed, but it does make you wonder if they're willing to sacrifice everything competitive about the NFL just to make more money.

Am I the only one who remembers 1 or 2 years ago when Donovan McNabb ran to the corner of the endzone, as he was being chased by a defender, he got his 2 feet in the endzone and ran out of bounds, and the ball was held in his right hand, never crossing the goalline.

The story was then: 2 feet and possession of the ball is all that is needed to score.

The only issue being that when Raven's coach asked, the side line judge claims the ball has to cross the goal line.

However, that was CLEARLY not the case in the McNabb case. The refs, clearly, stated possession of the ball and 2 feet is good enough.

Now unless they changed this rule, I fail to see the issue here.

And by the way, while everyone is complaining and "discussing" this... The ref NEVER stated the ball crossed hte line.

He stated, "2 feet were down and he had possession of the ball"..

So why is everyone concerned with the ball crossing the goalline, when the ref wasn't looking for that anyhow? As is proof by his statement, let me repeat it once more...

He stated, "2 feet were down and he had possession of the ball"..

Archived