• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets ESPN player rankings

JJman

Borderline All-Star right... ROTY?

ROTY? Awards are given by the media. Kyrie is hyped to no end by the media. Nobody is denying that.

He's one of the most injury-prone players in the NBA.

He's the worst defensive PG, & possibly player, in the entire NBA.

He's not even a top 10 PG in terms of Assists or Assist-Turnover Ratio.

He gets dominated head to head by elite PGs such as D-Rose, Parker, Paul, etc. Hell, even Kemba has owned him head to head.

He's never won anything, his team's have always sucked.

A PG supposed to be is a distributor & floor general or leader. He doesn't make his teammates better & he has a poor attitude.

He's a volume shooter with a bad FG%.

ROTY? Awards are given by the media. Kyrie is hyped to no end by the media. Nobody is denying that.

He's one of the most injury-prone players in the NBA.

He's the worst defensive PG, & possibly player, in the entire NBA.

He's not even a top 10 PG in terms of Assists or Assist-Turnover Ratio.

He gets dominated head to head by elite PGs such as D-Rose, Parker, Paul, etc. Hell, even Kemba has owned him head to head.

He's never won anything, his team's have always sucked.

A PG supposed to be is a distributor & floor general or leader. He doesn't make his teammates better & he has a poor attitude.

He's a volume shooter with a bad FG%.

i agree with all of that but still think he is a lil better than Kemba.. i dont think this board hates Kyrie, i dont.. i think we hate that Kemba doesnt get any exposure and goes un-noticed.. my fear- like i said in another thread, is that we will get double maybe tripple the exposure we have had as the Bobcats this year as the Hornets and people will see Kemba - FOREAL and he will cash in on a niice pot of gold deal that we will be forced to offer/match (ie Gordon Hayward, *gulp)

i agree with all of that but still think he is a lil better than Kemba.. i dont think this board hates Kyrie, i dont.. i think we hate that Kemba doesnt get any exposure and goes un-noticed.. my fear- like i said in another thread, is that we will get double maybe tripple the exposure we have had as the Bobcats this year as the Hornets and people will see Kemba - FOREAL and he will cash in on a niice pot of gold deal that we will be forced to offer/match (ie Gordon Hayward, *gulp)

I think Cho will offer him a fair contract before the deadline & he'll sign.

Accolades? LMAO

Kyrie- NBA All-Rookie, NBA ROTY, NBA ASG MVP

Kemba- NBA All-Rookie, NBA Playoffs, Big East POTY, Big East Champion, Big East Tourney MVP, NCAA Champion, NCAA Tourney MVP

Lol @ college accolades  

We all know who the better Point Guard is. Who would you rather have

Steph Curry but we have a couple years til that happens.

Kemba flat out owned Wall and Irving down the stretch to get a Bobcats team that had no business being in the playoffs into a seventh seed.

Best thing Irving won the Cavs was two number one overall picks.

Is Kemba limited physically? Absolutely. Is he a pure point guard? No. But he went from single handedly carrying uconn to a national title to the worst nba team in history and always remained the consummate professional. He recruited al Jefferson and changed the outlook of the entire franchise.

If you would like to treat ESPN NBA coverage as gospel you have every right to do so, but Kemba is not the awful chucker he's made out to be, and Kyrie isn't the superstar PG he's made out to be either.

Archived