• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is shell shocked.

Ruff

My worry when it was said that Byron Bell would be the starting left tackle going into the season was that Cam would become shell shocked. I convinced myself that Cam was too far along in his career to get that way. Low and behold, he's shell shocked.

What is shell shock for a QB? Well, watch David Carr play. When he played with Houston, he had no time to throw. Every play, there was a defender breathing down his neck. eventually, he seen ghosts of players who weren't there.

Cam is there now. His footwork is suffering because of the constant pressure, his confidence is suffering because his offensive line is so bad. He's rattled. If we're not careful, it could have long lasting implications.

The bigger issue is we are running him so much it seems to have caused him to regress as a passer.  His passing has gotten worse and worse since the Cincy game when we went back to running him.  Before then he looked great as a passer.  Now we are back at his inconsistencies in that regard.

Archived