• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cyber Monday Question: I need a new computer/laptop

Captroop

Presently I have a laptop that crashes when I have more than one excel sheet open and I have to hold the power cord in by hand in order for it to charge. I also have a desktop tower that as of this weekend Windows is corrupted and the computer will not start.

So I figure today is a good a day as any to replace one or both. But I am not technically savvy and while I know what I need, I don't know what that means in terms of specs. So I thought I would put the question to you all to see if I can get a recommendation.

• A couple hundred gigs of storage space. I don't want to rely exclusively on cloud storage.
  • I'd like to play some games. I don't need a power gaming machine, as I'm not playing Crysis or anything. But if I could play Battlefield 3 on Origin, that would be cool.
  • I'd like to spend less than $400

No preference on Laptop vs. Desktop (only need the tower for the latter). So if you've seen a good Cyber Monday deal that fits the bill or can make a good recommendation, please let me know! Thank you all in advance.

Archived